“Almost like being back in Italy!”
Review of Viaggio Ristorante

Viaggio Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Wayne
Price range: USD 15 - USD 75
Description: A celebration of Italian Art de Vivre and the convivial art of eating together comes to Wayne, New Jersey.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The first time we ate at Viaggio, we had recently returned from 3 weeks in Europe, 2 in Italy. Needless to say, it was some of the best eating of our lives. Eating at Viaggio brought us back to our trip. Servers are well versed in the menu and help make the dining experience even lovelier. The overall value is very good for the quality and presentation of each meal. A highly recommended choice, every taste was wonderful!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We tried this restaurant based on the recommendation from wine consultant, Hank Zona from Grapes Unwrapped. We had an amazing experience from the time we walked in. I can not recommend this restaurant enough.

The ambiance is casual but nice. We were greeted in a friendly and professional manner. Our server was very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. A rare combination.

The best part of the experience was the food of course. I had the grilled octopus and my wife had the beat salad for appetizers. Both were excellent. The octopus was tender with just the right amount of grilled flavor. We shared one of the pasta specials; house made tagliatelle with pork ragu. Wonderful! The pork was shredded and incredibly flavorful. The pasta was perfection. At one point my wife said, "I feel like I'm back in Italy". High praise.

For our entrees I had the tagliata (medium) and my wife had the pepper rubbed skirt steak special (rare). Both were cooked exactly as requested and the accompanying sides were fresh and delicious. The only minor complaint was that my wife's steak could have been a bit spicier (pepper rub), but other than that 5 stars across the board.

Just wish we had room for dessert.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We read the great reviews on Viaggio and to my surprise it is a bring your own restaurant. The food was excellent. They have a knowledgeable wait staff and the food is excellent. I an heading back to NJ in a week and will be back at Viaggio for dinner.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Food was delicious. The service was great as our waiter had a great memory. We had a big party and he did an awesome job. I would recommend the asparagus appetizer. The beets were great as well. Very nice place.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

If you go to this restaurant you need to be prepared to go "all out." The concept of the restaurant is meant to mirror "authentically" as you will see primo piatto, secondo piatto, contorno, etc.....
I really enjoy all of the fresh pastas. The meatball appetizer is BOMB so please get that. You can BYOB, or fun fact you can also have wine delivered to the restaurant so ask about that!
It's a fun and delicious environment!