“Awesome wood fired Italian pizza”

Mossuto's Market & Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

An Italian restaurant that had been around for 30 years in one family. This is the best pizza in Monmouth County. Not the typical NY style slice. Not the overhyped tomato pie. Custom made pizza with your choice of toppings and cooked in a wood fired pizza oven. Delicious. Craft beers and Italian wines. Other Italian food that is equally good.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Had dinner twice this past week. Another couple brought us for dinner last Friday. Place was packed so we sat at the counter next to the pizza oven. Had a wonderful meal and spent the night speaking with Tony as he was making pizza. What a great guy. Took great care in preparing each pizza and really enjoyed getting to know him. Ordered 3 pizzas and two fettucini pasta specials. All were delicious. Pasta specials were a bit pricey for the portion size which is why we had to order a second one. We had such a nice time that we came back a few nights later with our son. His linguini and clams was outstanding, as was the burratta appetizer. Now that I know this place is here, I will be back regularly.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Good got Italian food and subs. Also has excellent bread sticks. We buy a couple bags every time we visit.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We were three, and seated right away on a Thursday night. Our waitress was friendly, but I just have to put it out there: the food sucked. I had linguine and clams. My pasta was glued together as if it sat in the colander for an hour. It didn't taste anything like clams.My husband had the orrechietti and sausage, which came in an appetizer sized plate. And my mother in law ordered the rib eye, at $50.00 a plate! We asked for several wines off the wine list...which they didn't have and settled on a montepulciano which was cheap (our fault) and missed the mark.When the bread came, it was 4 small slices of Italian bread,but to be fair, when we asked for more they brought 3 more slices. I guess the bar and the market section are what keeps this place alive. We will never go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank lucilleroxylq
Reviewed 5 February 2018

7 of us went and enjoyed a few drinks before dinner at the comfortable bar and then sat for main course. We had diverse entrees from their small pizza pie, to Saliccicia, the Fettucine special (3 orders and everyone loved it) and the Berkshire pork chop. Tapas were tasty as well. I didn’t order the salads but all went well. Service was personal and atentative.

I’m already looking to come back to order the pork chop. I was able to try all the entrees and all were winners. But the Berkshire is still on my mind.

Date of visit: February 2018