“Tam Elena and ME”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is a top notch restaurant, what you would call a neighborhood gem. My wife and daughter ordered the snapper special and I ordered the scallops with angel hair pasta, The serving size was big but the food was better. We really enjoyed the food but the desert was even better I ordered the Neapolitan which was a very light and crispy pastry filled with a heavenly cream, Mama MIA! They also gave us chocolate covered bananas and Italian almond biscotti, wow very good! If I could give this restaurant 10 stars I would. I think the locals may be tired of going to there great restaurant but we love it! Move to Franklin lakes we will keep you fully booked for 20 years!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Used to love Andrea's. The food is still terrific, but the noise level makes conversation impossible. Best possible wait staff. We no longer go there because of the noise.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

No doubt it is a great family restaurant. You get to see very similar folks day in day out for dinner. They renovated their restaurant about 3 years ago and added an upper level and sort of a sports bar. Decor appeared no where near the theme of an Italian restaurant, hence, for first time diners, it could be a bit of a disconnect and could mar their dining experience. Food is good but not necessarily great. Potions are enormous. The secret to the success of Andrea's is their long time employee, Bill. He is the greatest. He adds that tinge of finishing touch to a great dining atmosphere.

1  Thank SQ380JC
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Nothing to write home about. Food is run of the mill. Olive garden quality. Waiters seem bored and not interested. Better places in town.

1  Thank mmpehp
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Went there with family to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. I had not been there before but many in our party were and they picked this restaurant. We were a table of 13 and they squeezed us in at the table right at the top of the stairs. It was very crowded and squished and practically on the stair case. They brought around very average bread and butter. I had the stuffed artichoke appetizer. A little salty and tough but tasty. We all got salads. I ordered the chicken parmigiana with a side of linguini for dinner. I was excited when they brought out a large portion but was quickly deflated when I began to eat it. Not that it was terrible but just very average. The sauce was the disappointing factor...a little too sweet for a real Italian restaurant. I finished off with a double espresso and a tartufo. Most of my party liked their dinner or so they said. My wife liked her lamb chops. Maybe it was where I sat that influenced my review.....no the meal would still be average. Did I say average? The downstairs atmosphere did look better. Maybe I need to try the restaurant again? We were able bring our own wine.

Been to Andrea's? Share your experiences!