“Sushi and soup”

Ranked #49 of 163 Restaurants in Union
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Arrived just after 5pm.
Plenty of sushi to choose from.
Husband enjoyed the hot and sour soup. I started with hot tea and chicken teriyaki, coconut shrimp, spring roll, then selected
a few sushi bites, ginger and wasabi.
Husband filled his plate with sushi, a few oysters, salmon wrapped in bacon, fried rice, crab Rangoon and Thai beef.
We eat out fill for $34.00+ tax.
Will come back at a later date.
Live koi pond in foyer.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Best buffet in the area!! The only reason why i give it 4 stars is because sometimes if you go during the week when they are slow the food is not as fresh as when they are busy because they are bringing out fresh food!!

Reviewed 29 April 2016

The atmosphere is depressing. Every item I took from the buffet that was supposed to be served hot, was cold and tasteless. They don't have a large selection. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Went there a Saturday evening on two separate times once for a date night the other girls night out. I was hoping the first time was just a fluke was th reason why I did second time. Advertisement from search was nice looking, wrong. To many empty steamers and slower to refill. The are suppose to have lobster but only pieces were served and king crab legs were small which were smallest ever seen. The sushi station was ok. As we were sitting both times waitress cleared plates away ok. They close at 10:00 so around 8:00 food was disappearing as the were cleaning up. I asked one time for a item and was asked how many did you want, my reply was 1 serving well I guess that wasn't enough for them to get it. Would go out my way to visit again. On positives it's a BYOB.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Of the many buffet restaurants that I have been to, one or two really leave a mark. Food presentation can sometimes be misleading but the best indicator of a flavorful and tasty food is in the tasting. Our taste buds are, for me, the best judge when it comes to our gustatory experience. At Koki Buffet here in Union, New Jersey, I found another buffet haven. There is a wide selection of mouth watery seafood, meats, vegetables, fruits, desserts and drinks of your choice. Featuring Japanese, Chinese and Asian Cuisine, Koki Buffet offers food choices that cut across cultural food preferences. My favorites are shrimps fresh or fried, oysters, crabs, chickens like General Tso's, Chicken Broccoli and Teriyaki, Koki Salad, Collard Greens, and from their sushi counter I preferred Titanic Roll and Chesapeake Roll, among others. We occupied a small room and some of our guests occupied several tables adjacent to this room where we held my granddaughter's first birthday. The pricing at Koki is really reasonable. The staff is friendly and courteous. The ambiance is really good and the place is clean. Over delicious foods and cold drinks, our family and guests enjoyed the camaraderie and friendship of everyone. We do not need to worry about chairs and tables or the menu if we had the party in the house. At Koki Buffet, everything is there and we just have to bring our warm bodies to enjoy the food, the conversation with family and relatives, and our friends' company. Will I go there again? Precisely, yes!

Been to Koki Buffet? Share your experiences!