“Amici Milano Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The last authentic Italian restaurant in Trenton, NJ. Very Good. Great Service. Old School atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Ran out of the bottle of wine we chose.
Had sliced cheap American cheese on antipasti.

Meal was ok. Not spectacular like it used to be here.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

My first visit to this little Italian spot celebrating a 89th birthday. Family and friends enjoying a good time and a great meal. Good choice of entrees to choose from. Chicken parmesan, stuffed flounder, veal marsalis just to name a few along with some pasta, string beans, potatoes and salad.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

This was our first visit heard great things. Made reservation for 8 for noon a few days ago . Got there at 11:50 one other couple In restaurant. As the restaurant stating to fill up by 12:45 we got our soup and salad (we had to ask for them). By 1:15 our manager go up and complained that every table had gotten their food except us it was 1:15. Finally at 1:20 the entrees. Food was just ok sides pasta was over cooked. No time for dessert. Very disappointing we asked to speak with a manager there wasn't one in restaurant. Re the bill they took 20% off.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Amici's is good dining with a neighborhood feel to it. It's business casual with a martini bar and a piano player on weekends. I prefer when its less crowded, but the service is always good.

We didn't do dessert this visit. The portions are large. I usually have veal marsala; this night I had chicken marsala with pasta on the side. My wife had calimari. Their marinara sauce is wonderful.

Amici's is located in what's left of the Italian district in Trenton. So many of the other places have closed, but this remains worth the trip. You could imagine Sinatra or a Mafia don in this place, and perhaps they were at some point.

I don't like to give 5 stars unless I think a place "walks on water" or I'm having a moment of insanity, but this is a 4.5. This is dining as destination, and it's fun.

One note: The parking is in a fenced-in lot a couple of doors up the street from the restaurant. When it's crowded, that lot can really test driving skills. I prefer parallel parking on the street. Parking in the area is free.