“Jerk chicken hunger”

A Taste of Island Spice
Ranked #73 of 125 Restaurants in Teaneck
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I wanted carribean food and my friends suggested I try Island Spice restaurant in Teaneck NJ which I did.

The foods incredible and the people are very nice.

From Jerk Chicken, Fish meals or Oxtail it all tastes great.

Excellent food.

Aj

Reviewed 21 June 2016

I ate a nice lunch at a small local Jamaican restaurant in Teaneck, NJ called 'A Taste Of Island Spice'. I ate the Jerk Chicken and rice which was excellent.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Saw the menu and thought I would bring home fresh Caribbean food for family. NOT!!! Stale, tasteless leftovers is what we got. I have never before been so disappointed with Brown Stew Chicken and rice and peas. The chicken had no flavor, the rice tasted like baby food and had both red beans and black beans. It seemed like a thrown together concoction and not what was expected. I will never go back.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had lunch today with my adult son at this take-out joint and lunch counter specializing in Jamaican dishes. I had the jerk chicken and he had the oxtails. Both meals came with rice and peas (beans), cabbage and carrots, and a couple of plantain slices. Hot sauce was served on the side. There are no indoor tables, just a long shelf with bar stools. Your food will be about chin-high. This meal is better had at home. The place has no ambiance whatsoever and in cold weather you will notice that the door keeps opening as new customers arrive bringing a chilly breeze with them. They also have Jamaican beverages. Bring your own beer. Small parking lot in the rear. The prices made eating here a very good value. Large portions--really enough for two if you order the large size. They don't always have everything listed on the menu, which can bee frustrating. The lady at the counter must be new because today she was all smiles. There are a few outdoor tables on the busy street.

1  Thank LWL3333
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Enough goat, oxtail, beef patties and curry or jerk to satisfy your craving for some caribbean food. I am satisfied and hope to go back. Neighborhood is nice too.