“My favorite local restaurant ”

The Boat House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Swartswood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just love sitting outside and views of lake, inside has a nice atmosphere too. Have been here several times, never disappointed in the food. Steaks are great! Service is good, prices a little high but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I made reservations for my boyfriend’s birthday dinner a few days in advance. With the Boat House, reservations are key, especially if you want to sit on the patio lakeside. It was a very, busy summer evening, but our waiter, Jack, was superb and on top of meeting our table’s every request. We had soups for our appetizers, which were very tasty and served with bread baskets. For dinner, I had the chicken Marsala with potatoes. The chicken was perfectly prepared and the mushroom sauce spot on. I also had their peach bourbon tea, which was very refreshing on a summer night. Sitting there with my boyfriend’s family, we all couldn’t believe that this was Swartswood, New Jersey. It felt just magical and like we were somewhere on Cape Cod. Around the perimeter of the patio, the planted flowers are abundant and so breathtaking. This will definitely be our go to place for birthdays and other special occasions.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner tonight if your looking for cheap eats go to McDonald's but if you want great service and very good food the boathouse hits the mark french onion soup salad and linguine with lots and lots of clam in a red sauce excellent very pleased with both the service and food

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful view of Swartwood Lake while eating gourmet food. Gardens are absolutely beautiful. Menu is diverse and food delicious. Steaks are tender and cooked to your specifications. This is my choice for any special occasion!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went here today for the second time for lunch. After driving 45 minutes to get here and looking forward to having a late lunch at around 2:30 when the restaurant was absolutely NOT busy we looked forward to enjoying the beautiful view from the patio surrounded by by the lovely flowers and the lake. We were asked if we had a reservation and since we didn't we were forced to be seated on the upstairs patio. I expressed my disappointment at not being able to sit on the downstairs patio as we had driven a long way to get there so that we could enjoy the view. There was no attempt to accommodate us. During our entire lunch, there were only about 5 tables of diners on the patio and about 20 empty tables. It seemed like anyone else that just walked in was able to sit there with no issue. Not sure if I will return again after being treated like this.

1  Thank lindamM3298LG