“Nice place”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I met a friend here for lunch and had a pleasant meal. Service was very friendly and the food was good. I had the turkey burger which was a bit spicy. The fries were delicious. The cappuccino was a bit weak for my taste but I enjoyed this place and will come back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Loved the choices for lunch and dinner, oh, and dessert. YUM YUM YUM! Also enjoyed eating on the porch.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank MPNJ69
Reviewed 20 July 2018

We had an early dinner for two. Valet parking is required, Great drinks to start off. Shared the Huntley Salad, enjoyable. The monkfish special was done crispy and a terrific sauce. My wife had crab cake, she said lots of crab.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This is a venerable ole Tavern. The look is very rustic and at first it seems like this is going to be good.
There were lots of people for a midweek dinner.
The people were courteous and smiling and at first seemed like this was going to be a great mean in an old establishment.
The service was rather slow and the attention at the beginning was nice.
The the appetizer came, and we had orders this unbelievable mountain of calories called For Mack and cheese.I am not sure why this is on the menu. It looks gross and ir obnoxious when people are really trying to eat better. The monk fish was fine, as was the halibut. The hanger steak was enjoyed and came fine, as was the strip steak. However the two orders of Plum (Oriental style)Pork Chop, was overcooked and awful tasting. I truly believe that the marinade that is being used is killing the moisture of a fine Pork chop.
The Pinot Noir was $20 per glass, which I thought a bit over the top. Needless to say those were the particulars. However what was self the most was the lack of service after the long introductions and the entrees brought out. We seemed to be in the caboose of train, and we had to look for service rather than having it provided. This should be improved as well as the awful Plum Port Chop.
I would visit again, but being more focused on the food and the ultimate service.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Been around a long time and is iconic in Summit. Here for Birthday Dinner for 7 people. Food was delicious, except for the dry pork chops- real shame. Our waitress truly neglected our table and rarely come by to see how we were doing. A few times for the drinks, main order and dessert. Other than that, she was MIA. Host tried to pay with an AMEX Gift Card, which proved to be not only embarrassing, but the rules explained to us made no sense. We will be calling AMEX for an explanation. Highly disappointed.