“Great service, good food”
Review of Huntley Taverne

Huntley Taverne
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2018

We had an early dinner for two. Valet parking is required, Great drinks to start off. Shared the Huntley Salad, enjoyable. The monkfish special was done crispy and a terrific sauce. My wife had crab cake, she said lots of crab.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This is a venerable ole Tavern. The look is very rustic and at first it seems like this is going to be good.
There were lots of people for a midweek dinner.
The people were courteous and smiling and at first seemed like this was going to be a great mean in an old establishment.
The service was rather slow and the attention at the beginning was nice.
The the appetizer came, and we had orders this unbelievable mountain of calories called For Mack and cheese.I am not sure why this is on the menu. It looks gross and ir obnoxious when people are really trying to eat better. The monk fish was fine, as was the halibut. The hanger steak was enjoyed and came fine, as was the strip steak. However the two orders of Plum (Oriental style)Pork Chop, was overcooked and awful tasting. I truly believe that the marinade that is being used is killing the moisture of a fine Pork chop.
The Pinot Noir was $20 per glass, which I thought a bit over the top. Needless to say those were the particulars. However what was self the most was the lack of service after the long introductions and the entrees brought out. We seemed to be in the caboose of train, and we had to look for service rather than having it provided. This should be improved as well as the awful Plum Port Chop.
I would visit again, but being more focused on the food and the ultimate service.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Been around a long time and is iconic in Summit. Here for Birthday Dinner for 7 people. Food was delicious, except for the dry pork chops- real shame. Our waitress truly neglected our table and rarely come by to see how we were doing. A few times for the drinks, main order and dessert. Other than that, she was MIA. Host tried to pay with an AMEX Gift Card, which proved to be not only embarrassing, but the rules explained to us made no sense. We will be calling AMEX for an explanation. Highly disappointed.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We came for my brothers 40th bday and I got the salmon (tasted great - but didn't look great).
Our server recommended the calamari salad which was awesome!! Our server was great. My brother ordered a medium rare steak and it was served to him medium well, we sent it back and they gave him a filet (because it would be quicker and the rest of the table had their food) and then that was more well done that he preferred. The staff was super nice. But we left a little disappointed. Its never fun when someone in your party has to send their food back.
I've been then to the Huntley years ago and all was good so ,I'll give it another try soon.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Had a group dinner here and we were given a room, it was great as we had our privacy. The food and service was superb. The waiter was patient, friendly and made good suggestions for the food. We had a good time and enjoyed ourselves. A good place to hang out with friends.

Date of visit: November 2017