“Nice people, atmosphere and food”

Summit Thai Cuisine
Ranked #40 of 74 Restaurants in Summit
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We eat here a few times a year and always enjoy the food. Favorite dishes are drunken noodles, pad thai, penang curry, peanut chicken and bangkok salmon.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

11 friends and I went to Summit Thai on a Tuesday evening in December. We were the only patrons. The restaurant had no other diners and did not have any take-out customers.

Food: Inauthentic & over cooked. We ordered several appetizers. I tasted the curry puff and the egg roll. Both were over-fried and as a result tasted like oil soaked mush. A friend and I split the Tamarind Duck and Drunken Noodles. Others in our party ordered the Peanut Chicken, another duck dish, a few curries, etc. My meal of duck and Drunken Noodle was terrible. The duck was over fried which left the skin very crispy but the duck dried out. The vegetables with the Tamarind Duck were barely cooked, not slightly cooked so that they would be warm, but still crunchy - pretty much raw. The Drunken Noodles were just disgusting. The chicken was over cooked and dry. The noodles obviously were reheated in the microwave - not freshly cooked rice noodles drizzled in oil as one expects. Also there was no kick or spice to the Drunken Noodle. I love Thai food and my mother is of SE Asian descent: THIS IS NOT GOOD SE ASIAN FOOD.

Service: our party of 12 were the only diners in the restaurant. When we wanted to place our appetizer order, we had to summon our servers twice. When we wanted to place our dinner order, we had to summon our servers. They provided water for the table regularly. Around 9:15 PM the "mood" lights were turned off and the brighter lights were turned on - instead of a server coming to our table and reminding our party that they close at 9:30 PM we got the "light" treatment.

Atmosphere: A very small dining room with very dated authentic Thai decor.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We usually go to Summit Thai for their lunch special. Very good. Dinner is also worth the trip. Only comment; food comes very fast! Good if you're in a rush, not what I want when I go for dinner, so we usually order our appetizers then wait and order our entree. That is not to say they rush you, they don't.... the food just comes from the kitchen very quickly.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

The place is a bit in the middle of a building and a bit empty too
It as actually more an indian atmosphere if you forget the few thai artefacts

The thai iced tea is full of milk and sugar and definitely not tasty

Tha ginger duck is topped with vegetables is ok

I also ordered a fried rice which was ok but the srhimps could have been a bit more fresh

Overall it is a rather sub average place

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Summit Thai used to be our favorite place to eat. But the current chef puts sugar in everything. Even the hot and spicy dishes have a syrupy sweet brown-sauce base. Very disappointing. Will not eat there again.