“Great ambience good food ”

Water Star Grille at The Reeds
Ranked #35 of 62 Restaurants in Stone Harbor
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I decided to give this place another chance (because when they first opened the food was horrible with tiny portions and overpriced). The ambience and view is definitely the draw for this place. We sat at a table and the food we ordered was good: the cheeseburger flat Brad was a large portion and was delicious, the bay seasoned crab fries were a big hit at our table, we also had sides of whipped potatoes and tabbouleh which was the best tabbouleh I ever had. The prices are still high, but I didn't mind as much since the food was good. I agree with other posters that it is a great place to sit at the bar and get a drink. I don't think I would go for a big sit down dinner, but it's good for drinks and appetizers.

JulieY20, Guest Relations Manager at Water Star Grille at The Reeds, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you sharing all of your positive thoughts and will be sure to tell the chef about the tabbouleh! Please know that one of our specialties is hosting large summer dinner gathering for 10 - 20 guests. It is a lot of fun for families and friends to dine as a group at the Water Star where they can enjoy our share plate menu, cocktails and of course the beautiful outdoor setting and sunsets. We hope to see you again next summer!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have made it a point to go to this restaurant at least once or twice a summer because of the spectacular sunset views on the bay and a few great menu items they have had in the past so when my husband suggested we go there for our anniversary on August 8th I wholeheartedly agreed. The sunset was beautiful. The bartender was great and recommended wonderful drinks and then we were seated. We started with very good oysters and then ordered off the 'shared plate' menu they have. I ordered the filet mignon and my husband ordered a seafood pasta. The pasta was piping hot and very good. The filet was cold and was sent back. It was brought back a few minutes later on a piping hot plate but the filet was still barely warm. It had clearly been put in the microwave and only the plate retained any heat. We then sent this expensive filet back yet again and we were assured the dish would be remade. When the order was brought back to the table the filet was lukewarm. A significant amount of time had passed by this time and we had other places to be so we gave up on the filet. We left shortly there after and were very surprised to see that after having to send a dish back twice and waiting all that extra time for what never ended up being an acceptable filet no adjustment at all had been made to the bill. I expected more from this restaurant that had served great meals in previous years and used to bend over backwards to make sure customers were satisfied. It was a disappointing anniversary dinner for sure.

JulieY20, Guest Relations Manager at Water Star Grille at The Reeds, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hello, Thank you for your feedback and detailed review. We are very sorry to hear that although you truly enjoy the Water Star Grille and selected it for this special occasion, we left you feeling disappointed. We only wish that you would have asked for assistance from one of our managers to help guide you to a better experience that evening. I am sure they would have loved to have helped. If time allows, please contact us at 609.368.0100. We would like to hear more about your visit and look forward to your call.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I love the atmosphere and the cocktails so much that we ate dinner here twice this week and both times they couldn't get the food right. I'll start with the positive: great service, perfect location w/beautiful views of the bay, delicious martinis and the ahi tuna nachos are very good. The first night I ordered the pasta bolognese and the pasta was so overdone that I sent it back and the second night we ordered kobe sliders medium rare and they came out well done both times (even after we sent it back once). We normally don't send food back, but both dishes were barely edible. I hope they can improve on their food because everything else is wonderful.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and have communicated the food concerns with our team. It is also lovely to hear how much you enjoy the beautiful views, service, martinis and ahi tuna nachos! These certainly are part of what makes the Water Star Grille so special. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again next summer.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We paid $22 for the crab guacamole dip It was not very large and the chips were stale. The food and atmosphere was good but not worth the price.

Thank you for the feedback. We agree that the food and atmosphere at the Water Star Grille are really good. That being said, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our crab guacamole. Please know that we encourage you to share your thoughts with us during service where we can assist in improving your experience. We hope that you decide to join us again.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

A beautiful relaxing view of the bay. We stopped in for snacks and drinks with our daughter just back from Spain. Food is high priced and drinks are very expensive. Hostess was lovely. The waitress was rather abrupt. Too be honest, not worth the money

JulieY20, Guest Relations Manager at Water Star Grille at The Reeds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. When it is convenient, please reach out to us directly at 609.368.0100 so we can learn more about your experience. We hope to see you again.