“Back in the Hometown after two decades”
Review of Krogh's Restaurant

Krogh's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Sparta
Price range: USD 10 - USD 29
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Krogh’s Restaurant & Brew Pub. We are located in beautiful northern New Jersey – Sussex County to be exact. We are directly across the street from Lake Mohawk in Sparta’s White Deer Plaza. Our historic building dates back to 1927 and there is no other place that offers old-world charm like Krogh’s. That is why the mantra of our menus is: Old world charm. New world people. Like you. Welcome to Krogh’s. We are all here to serve you. We take great pride in offering the finest food, beverage and service possible. We enjoy creating a warm and friendly atmosphere, and we strive to make your dining experience a memorable one. So come and be pampered by our experienced staff. We understand it takes 100 great meals to win a customer, but only one bad experience to lose them. We constantly work at improving our products and services to provide you, our honored guest, unmatched value. We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, and we offer complimentary valet parking on Friday and Saturday nights, all year long.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It was the same, yet better. Familiar with better food and service. Three long time friends thoroughly enjoying catching up. I was very surprised at the Ribs - I did not think anyone in NJ had that skill-set.Their IPA is great, hoppy but not grapefruit juice.

Jason F, General Manager at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi John,
Welcome back home and thank you for reviewing Krogh's. My name is Jason Fuchs. I am the General Manager at Krogh's. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of us. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to provide a warm, welcoming atmosphere, great food, drinks, and beer, and top-notch service. I am also very glad you enjoyed the ribs. The kitchen does a nice job with them. We will continue to work hard to earn this review and others like it. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in yesterday and took a seat outside table at Kroghs. Beautiful day. Bartender came out a couple of times but said she was busy in bar and for us to check for food. Understood. You would think they would have a server work the outside. If this hint was moved 5 Blocksboff the Square it would go out of business.

Jason F, General Manager at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello,
My name is Jason Fuchs. I am the General Manager at Krogh's. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us. The tables outside are usually the servers responsibilities, but we are not set up yet to serve outside. We hope to have the patio open very soon, as soon as the weather turns and stays nice. I will certainly check with the staff to see what happened yesterday. If there is anything that I can do to make your next experience with us better, please let me know. I would encourage you to check in at the desk so the staff knows that you are sitting out there. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have been to Krogh's at least six times this year and every time the food was fantastic. We highly recommend it. The best waitress that we had was Cindy. Was the only one that gave us bread and was on top of things. Would ask for her next time.

Jason F, General Manager at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello Lisa,
Thank you very much for the great review of Krogh's. My name is Jason Fuchs and I am proudly the General Manager. We work very hard to provide a welcoming atmosphere, great food, and fantastic service. Cindy is a great food server and we are lucky to have her work for us for the past many years. I will be sure to make sure she sees this. We will continue to work hard to earn this very kind 5-star review. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We hope to serve you again soon.
Jason Fuchs

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Food is consistently good, served hot & promptly. staff very friendly and helpful. Love the rustic Lakestyle decor. Been dining here for many years.

Jason F, General Manager at Krogh's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Debbi,
Thank you very much for your great review. My name is Jason Fuchs. I am the General Manager at Krogh's Restaurant and Brew Pub. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. We work hard to provide a welcoming atmosphere, serve great food and provide top-notch service. It is always appreciated when this is recognized. We will continue to work hard to earn your 5-star review of us. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Been here several times. The food is always exceptional and the staff is always pleasant. Atmosphere here is always down to earth and laid back, a common theme here in Sparta. Very enjoyable on other occasions. However, while having dinner at the bar, I could not look past the entire row of dirty bar glasses left on the edge of the bar for the entire hour and a half of the visit. At least 10 to 15 glasses, all previous used with fruit, dry beer, etc. It was not overly busy, no special events, just seemed like a lack of attention to detail. As a former bar tender, this would be unacceptable. Place them in a bin, dishwasher, take back to the kitchen, whatever, but not leave them on the bar for patrons to view 6 inches in front of them while eating. I will return because of the reasons at the top. A small correction that is easily fixed.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. My name is Jason Fuchs. I am the General Manager at Krogh's. Thank you for the great comments on the staff, food and service. We work hard to provide all of that at the highest possible standard. I will work the glasses at the bar. All bar glasses are cleaned in a 3-bay sink just below where you were sitting. The bartenders and barbacks should do a better job of keeping on top of them. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to serve you again soon.