All reviews front desk french toast sticks showing its age business trip nice indoor pool red robin breakfast buffet easy access rutgers university red lobster business hotel the breakfast area first floor yogurt sauna pillows platinum
Reviewed 24 May 2016

First of all location is good for driving around New Jersey. Complimentary breakfast was good. One of the not so good things is the room. The AC did not work and the front desk staff mentioned that I will have to shift to a non smoking room while i wanted a smoking room. Typically being platinum member other IHG hotels upgrades. It also appeared that the front desk staff was not quite in a mood that day. It happens. The room is a long walk from the reception. Location is good with a lot of eating joints around that place and good area for shopping as well.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank HKBangalore
Christina M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your AC was not working in the room and that we could not accommodate you with another smoking room. We have limited availability for smoking rooms. Please let us know when you will be back so can WOW you! I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Needed a room for the night, walked in and asked for a room with a King size bed..
Was told that they didn't have any available, only a room with two doubles. I said,
Thank You, I'll go somewhere else.....and POOF, all of a sudden they found a room with a King size bed... Normal room, normal price, nothing to write home about. I was offered one ticket for the breakfast buffet, when I told the clerk that there are 2 of us, was given a 2nd ticket, that they usually charge $10 for??
Went out to get our luggage, came back in, and next thing we know, we are in the middle of the fire alarms. Nobody seemed to know what was going on. The Breakfast was OK, have seen better.....The best thing about this place was the Ruby Tuesday that was attached. Made my burger just the way I love it.. Service was over the top. would stop there just to have lunch/dinner, maybe find a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Christina M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel as your satisfaction is important to us. Please contact the hotel directly so that we may discuss your experience in more detail and hopefully we can make it right. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Rooms defiantly weren't that clean for the price. Management was very poor when there was a lot of screaming happening on the 1st floor. I'll never come back. Sheets had ants on them. Wasint satisfied at all. I'll never stay at another holiday Inn again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob S
Christina M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Dear Rob S.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Love this hotel. Its very clean and the beds are comfty. Breakfast could be better. But all in all love to stay here. Nice quiet area. A few shopping places to find last minute outfits. And a Ruby Tuesday attached to the hotel. Eat and go to ur room

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have stayed at this hotel before because it is in the area of my work office. It is really nice when Olivia was at the desk to greet me and said "Welcome back, Mr. Miller" without looking at my reservations - i was impressed. George hooked me up with a great upgrade since im an Spire member. The room was great - spacious, living room area and awesome shower! It had a nice desk/work area for me to get my work done!
I hope that the manager of this location appreciates the two employees listed and should appreciate them. There is a ton of hotels in this area, but service like this is the reason why I keep staying here! Nicely done Olivia and George!

Room Tip: clean, spacious, great staff, lots of local resturants, gyms, shopping
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Jonathan L, Manager at Holiday Inn South Plainfield - Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Hello Mr. Miller!

First of all for being an IHG Spire member, we truly appreciate your business and always look forward to doing our best to accommodate your needs. Thank you for complimenting George and Olivia, they are indeed core members of this hotel and we are truly lucky to have them on our team.

Thanks again for the delightful review!

Jonathan Lin