All reviews front desk room was clean complimentary breakfast restaurants and shopping new jersey business trip the breakfast area excellent stay great place to stay late checkout yogurt rutgers university fitness center would definitely stay here again outdoor pool the hotel staff minute drive
Reviewed 30 September 2015

First time staying at Hampton Inn so not sure what to expect... Staff were helpful, our room was spacious and clean, complimentary breakfast was good, the location is great, so overall, very happy that my daughter chose to stay at hampton inn.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephanie D, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Thank you so much for your review of our Hampton Inn located in South Plainfield New Jersey. I am so glad that we made such a wonderful first impression. I will pass along your compliments to our team. They enjoy knowing that all of their hard work resulted in you having a wonderful experience. We hope to see you again soon!!

All Our Best,

Reviewed 29 September 2015

The service is unbelievable from this Hampton location. I would stay here again in a heart beat. The employees went the extra mile on every occasion offering assistance, remembering your name, and asking about your day. Truly a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

WOW 100 Stars!!! That is such a huge compliment and one that we greatly appreciate. Our team works hard to make sure their "Hamptonality" shows through in everything that we do for our guests. We hope to see you back again very soon.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Hampton Inn of South Plainfield is a very nice place except the front desk. Checking in they are rude, asked to talk to a manager but they were busy. They never contacted me as i asked. Truly wrecked the stay

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephanie D, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Dear Frederick,
Thank you for reviewing our Award Winning Hampton Inn. I am sorry that you had a less than perfect stay. We very rarely receive anything but wonderful reviews regarding our front desk staff; as is evident by the 100s of previous reviews here on Trip Advisor. I would like to speak with you regarding your stay and always make myself available to all of our guests. Please contact me at the hotel so that I have a better understanding where our team dropped the ball. Our direct phone number is 908-561-2600.

All our best,

Reviewed 21 September 2015

I have stayed at this property several times in the past few years. I always am greeted upon check-in and check-out with a smile and very friendly staff welcoming me.

They also recognize my Hilton Gold status and offer me amenities such as water or snacks.

The hotel is a bit tricky to find if you have never been there before, but knowing the way it's well worth it. The rates are usually very competitive. For very little extra, one can get a room with a separate in-room whirlpool bath.

It comes highly recommended, and it's worth the extra few miles drive if coming from the Garden State Parkway or NJ Turnpike.

Room Tip: No preference. It's in a quiet area, and street noise doesn't seem to be a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Thank you so very much for your review of our Award Winning Hotel. I appreciate your loyalty to our Hampton Inn as well as to Hilton!! I will pass your kind words on to our team members. They always like to hear that they are doing a great job. Thank you for mentioning how close we are to the Garden State Parkway and the Turnpike (287 too).

We hope to welcome you back very soon!! We will have your snack and drink selection waiting!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We call it our home away from home,need i say more! have gone to several hotels in the area and find this hotel to be our top choice... The staff are friendly and helpful in every way needed... I have stayed at this establishment numerous times and will continue visiting. the area has abundant restaurants and shopping...

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Stephanie D, General Manager at Hampton Inn South Plainfield-Piscataway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Hello and Thank you for your review of our Hampton Inn South Plainfield. We love to hear that our guests consider us their "home away from home" when traveling to our area. I will pass your comments on to our team. It is always our goal to make all of our guests feel as welcome as you do when staying with us!!

See you soon!!