All reviews holiday inn room was clean power strip rooms are small visiting family rutgers university ballroom banquet television
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Until approximately 2 months ago, I was told this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn. I had a bit difficulty finding/navigating this place; very weird street turns coming from 287 especially at night. Hotel is amidst corporate/office neighborhood but feels isolated. Upon arriving, the marquee is not lit. Landscaping is lackluster. Definitely need parking lot illumination - a lot of dark areas at the front of hotel. There's tons of parking at the back. Avis car rental facility towards the back lobby of hotel.

The front driveway needs to be resurfaced. Upon entering the front lobby, there's this elegant chandelier with beautiful tiled flooring. It took sometime for me to be checked in but the night clerk was nevertheless courteous about my wait. There's this tiny store next to the check in counter but most of the shelves are empty; items needs to be restocked! Past the hotel lobby, it is evident that the hotel is way overdue for a makeover (needs new hallway carpeting and wallpapering). That goes for the furnishings as well. A newer elevator façade would be nice for the rear elevator that goes to the laundry.

On to my well-appointed room... It was very spacious, quiet, clean, & tidy. The room had a small flat screen tv & tiny coffee maker. Lots of lamps & light fixture. Hardly any wall sockets but there's a power strip. To my dismay, no refrigerator/ microwave (not sure if there's even one available at the lobby to reheat leftover lunch). The bed was comfortable with crisp linens. The bathroom was decent size, strong shower, nice & thick towels. The décor is dated and could definitely use new carpeting & wallpaper (furnishings too!) but it was clean.

There is a lot of banquet rooms, conference, and ballroom which is ideal for business conferences and wedding receptions, parties, and such. There is also a bar and restaurant at the lobby. There are no other food places within walking distance; you'll have to drive. Despite the hundreds of rooms at this hotel, there is only 1 laundry machine & 1 drier in the entire hotel which makes it very inconvenient waiting for someone doing multiple loads for a family. (Also, overcharging $2 for a tiny box of laundry detergent! In some Marriotts, they are given free)

Overall, the hotel needs a ton of updating (more like major overhaul) but has a lot of potential after a grand renovation. Until that time comes, I shall give it a middle of the road 3 rating for now.

Room Tip: This is a huge hotel; requires lots of walking!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank minniemae
Darshan S, Director of Sales at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Minniemae,

Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Since the time of your response we have now fully transitioned to the FairBridge brand and are working very hard to make sure our guests are happy. I am sorry you were unable to acquire a microwave and fridge which we do have available upon request for a small fee. If you are ever back in the area and would like to give us another chance I would love to help you with your reservation.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Large rooms with microwave, refrigerator and television
Helpful staff but had a computer problem during the check in which prolonged the check in time, front desk person was very apologetic about all of it

Stayed: September 2017

Dear AMNYC1988,

Thank you for a stellar review. We appreciate your time for writing this feedback and hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I received an advertisement to attend a monthly Psychic Fair at this hotel. In attending this event, coffee was provided and I found the overall appearance of the hotel to be very nice. I also ate at the restaurant which had very decent food. The Psychic Fair held at this hotel every month was uneventful except for a little later in the day when I got a reading from Caribbean Psychics with a woman named Marlene. Her advertising on her table said 'the new jersey version of the long island medium". All I will say is that she did not disappoint and neither did this hotel. Both the Caribbean Psychics and this hotel are hidden gems of New Jersey. Take it from a pretty hard guy to please.

Room Tip: the best views are the rooms facing the garden
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear 9jferretti,

Thank you for taking your time out to give us a great review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will attend another one of our events in the near future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My cousin got married at the Palace, down the road from this hotel. My cousin recommended this hotel because of the convinence of location, but little did she know!!! I showed up late to the hotel due to a family emergency, just to find out that the the shuttle that was advertised, WASN'T AVAILABLE TILL 11PM. So if you missed the shuttle, you had to book public transportation, or go to the wedding and not enjoy yourself to the FULLEST (if you know what I mean, LOL). I ended up driving over to the wedding late and then driving back. Couple of key notes.....1) the shuttle stopped running 30 mins after the wedding started, leaving no room for late arrivals. 2) Everyone at the wedding already, HAD NO RIDE BACK IF THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY OR SOME TYPE OF FLAW WITH THEY'R NIGHT!!!! Not to mention I was awoken by the sun blaring through the supposed BLACK OUT CURTAINS!!!! I spoke with a person who was not the manager, whom stated there is no manager on duty this morning because its the weekend. So apparently if you have a problem on the weekend, THERE'S NO ONE PRESENT TO HELP YOU!!!!! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL FOR ANYTHING, THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER HOTELS ON THIS ROAD, WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another HOTEL
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Thomas L,

Thank you for taking your time out to review our property. It is unfortunate you were late and had a bad experience at our property. The shuttle service is not 24 hours and we pre-book them for parties. We have ample managers available throughout the property over the course of a week as well as weekends. We wouldn't recommend driving to any of our guests when they would like to enjoy themselves to the "fullest". Cabs are available 24 hours a day and our front desk would be happy to book them for you.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here for a week.

Room: The room was nice and clean, just like any other Holiday Inn hotel.

Location: The location is just off highway, which makes it easy to reach.

Breakfast: Awful. The breakfast spread is limited. they didn't even have a pack of plain corn flakes and a honey pack (BASICS). The staff promised me every morning that they will arrange it the next day as they were running low on storage. However, the same story was repeated on all 6 days at breakfast table. I expect them to be honest at least, if they can't arrange or didn't want to arrange then it should not be promised and that too DAILY!!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Vikash_Parmanandka
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Fairbridge Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hello Vikash_Parmanandka,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Somerset-Bridgewater, NJ. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with the breakfast and customer service. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Somerset-Bridgewater.

Orlando A.