All reviews front desk the breakfast area huge bathtub standard breakfast in excellent shape man working sleeping area wedding venue tub shower free breakfast coffee machine free shuttle check in was a breeze refrigerator and microwave bound brook desk area flat screen tv
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Hotel is located right next to the wedding venue that I was attending too. Plenty of parking from what I saw. Check in was smooth, had complimentary cookies and water by the front desk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was huge. Two TVs, a sofa, a fridge, coffee machine, iron board, hair dryer, towels and a MICROWAVE! I love how hotels have microwaves..why because if I have leftovers I damn sure want to reheat lol. Not much food around the area, Ruby Tuesdays is just down the road, but no stores or anything walking distance. Bed looks small, but it was actually huge when laying in it. Free shuttle to the venue and the driver was super friendly and offering to drive us to the store or to get food. Check out was smooth as well. Just overall great stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My wife and I were invited to a wedding with the reception held one minute away at the Palace. We have stayed at Fairfield Inns before and the quality of this one was no exception. The staff worked hard to fufill guest request such as ours for an early check in. The grounds were beautiful and the interior of the hotel was spotless.
As there were three wedding parties staying at the hotel that weekend, it was crowed but not over packed..
Breakfast is provided and due to the number of guests the area was full after 8am but the staff did a great job of bussing the tables and making sure there was enough food for everyone. No easy task as there just seemed to be a never ending supply of people eating.
I can whole heartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: don't take the last room on the left on the main floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed in Fairfield for 2 nights because my brother was getting married next door. The check in and out was fast, room was clean and roomy and we didn't hear a peep while sleeping. The only disappointing problem was breakfast. The variety of breakfast choices were very good but both mornings we had to wait for the coffee pot and the scrambled eggs to be refilled. The women in charge of this service was chatting with breakfast guests and was not paying attention to her job. It was frustrating to see. Otherwise we had a wonderful stay!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Travelingzeus,
I am glad that your stay was wonderful. I am however, disappointed that due to the breakfast attendant, it was not perfect. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 732-627-8483, so we can further discuss this matter. Thank you once again for staying with us and I do hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francisco Gomes

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is by far the nicest hotel on Davidson Avenue...and there are a bunch to choose from! I've stayed in at least 6, so I can be give you a respectable ranking. This occasion was not business, but pleasure: attending a wedding at the nearly next door Palace. This place is frankly too nice to be a Fairfield Inn. You won't find cinder block walls or spartan furniture here. The fit, finish and service approach that of a full service Marriott.

The hotel has four stories and two elevators. All the rooms are oversized and described as "suites"...that's a bit generous, but I will let it slide. Check in was a breeze thanks to my Gold status with Marriott. I arranged for my late check out the next day with no problem. The lobby has a lovely gas fireplace and vaulted ceiling with comfy sofas. Next to the front desk is a sundries shop that includes some alcoholic beverages should you run out and are stuck here without a car. There is really nothing within walking distance except maybe the Ruby Tuesday's up the street. The neighborhood is mostly offices and limited service hotels. The breakfast area is behind the lobby with a beautiful wall of windows to peer into the woods. Breakfast was very fulfilling, with plenty of proteins on offer. Eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, oatmeal, fruit, cereals were all there, fresh and replenished frequently. Wifi was strong and steady as usual at a Marriott property.

Up to the rooms and you are immediately impressed with the quality of furnishings and fittings. The regular rooms have an oversize bathroom upon entry with a large upscale granite counter and a very nice size tub/shower. The lighting could be a touch brighter for things like doing makeup or shaving. That would seriously be my only quibble with the entire hotel. Into the living area you will find a desk & chair and a flat screen tv above it. Across the room is a full size sofa with coffee table. There is ample room to break out the provided ironing board and iron. Each room also has a refrigerator and microwave. You then cross into a sleeping area that is just separated by tasteful room dividers. It isn't another room, just a bit sectioned off from the living area. Here you will find a king or 2 queen beds, a second tv and the closet complete with laptop size safe. I've never seen that in a Fairfield before! The bed is super comfy and the furniture looks like it belongs in a Renaissance. Whoever built this hotel spent some serious money-and it shows!

The hotel does have proper suites if that is what you are seeking, but the regular rooms are oversize and certainly had plenty of comfort and space for a couple. i'm very impressed with this Fairfield, I wish more were as awesome as this one. Book here without hesitation when in Somerset.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have nice woods views. All rooms have fridge/microwave. South end is furthest from elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 8 March 2017

My stay are Fairfield Inn & Suites Somserset was amazing! As soon as I arrived, check in was fast and easy due to the great customer service. The room was very cozy since it had a "living area" that consisted of a couch with a t.v. and a "sleeping area" with of course your bed and another t.v. Yes, I said another television! The bathroom had a nice size counter top and a huge shower. (Pretty sure 3-4 people could fit in the shower) Once breakfast time rolled around, there was a nice buffet that consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, and much more. Everything was fresh and good. Then once the afternoon comes, they always have a variety of freshly made cookies with lemon water at the front reception desk. For check out, all I had to do was leave my room keys in this envelope they left on my room door and called it a day! Amazing stay all the way around!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family