“Upscale and nicely executed”

Khun Thai Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Khun Thai, every dish is carefully crafted to offer a diversity of flavors and aromas that are sure to allow you to experience your food. Our head chef is originally from Thailand and uses many family recipes to create authentic Thai dishes. Whether you're new to Thai cuisine or a seasoned Thai food diner, our dishes offer a diversity of flavors and aromas that will surely make relish every bite. As with tradition Thai cuisine, there is a strong emphasis placed on lightly prepared dishes with aromatic components. Our dishes are never one dimensional in flavor, rather, each dish has a balance of sour, sweet, and salty. We hope you will dine with us Khun Thai and experience authentic Thai and Asian Fusion cuisine.
Reviewed 24 August 2017

First of all- let me rant jerry seinfeld style: "why are people titling reviews non descriptive titles like 'Thai food'. ???" Well, No S- it's thai food! Anyway, back to the review:
I've had lunch and dinner here and find that the specials for lunch are excellent- the beef with coconut sticky rice is excellent, the pad thai nicely done, and the dinners are a little more expensive but still delicious. The calamari dishes are well done and i'd highly recommend checking out this higher end restaurant!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

You will enjoy the food, service and ambiance at Khun Thai on the main business street in Short Hills. The food is prepared to order and is always served immediately, hot from the kitchen. The ingredients are obviously fresh and oh so good. You will enjoy it! This reviewer is a regular customer since Khun Thai opened years ago.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Great Thai restaurant --- All curries are wonderful, certainly share some of the appetizers as they are delicious and definitely order the Chocolate Souffle when ordering dinner for your dessert --- well worth it!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

What a surprise having the chocolate souffle after a superb dinner. Well this place is a five star in my mind and I will return whenever I can. Nice setting, very pleasant wait staff and if you sit next to the salt water fish tank you get a seat with ocean view!

the food is delicious I am not into the frog leg thing but they also have boar, again i have not ventured there, the sauces not too sweet and if you order the green chili curry be prepared it is hot. Fortunately there is range of flavorless sweet sour bitter, just thinking about it make me want to go

Reviewed 2 March 2017

It's been about a year since the last time---when I rated Khun Thai "very good".
I rarely rate any restaurant "excellent ", but this time, based solely on the special
dish my wife and I had, I need to increase KT's rating. It was jumbo shrimp and
scallops on a bed of asparagus and an exquisite sauce---so good we wanted to lick
the platter. And rice, of course. Friends didn't choose so well---snapper. They were happy but wouldn't agree with the "excellent" rating. Service was, as usual, attentive and pleasant. We had a 15% discount coupon, so the tab was very reasonable. This is a good reliable standby place when you're in a quandary about where to go for tasty ethnic cooking.