“Great dinner. Still full 2 days later”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Great drink menu. Many choices of appetizers and main dishes. Easy to find many Gluten free options. Awesome desserts. Love it.

TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you for your review, Mike. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our menu options and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I hardly resort to writing reviews but last time was just too much to take. We have been going to this resaturant in Short Hills Mall, and other locations.
Last week I took my little granddaugher to the restroom at this place. THERE WAS NO TOILET PAPER IN ANY OF THE STALLS! Had to ask a server and she gave me NAPKINS, b/c she didn't knwo when the paper would be replaced.
This week, we had to wait 45 min. for food to arrive and it was in the afternoon, with not many customers in! Other times the wait was similar.
This week, I ordered chocolate milk for my granddaughter. It was so watered down you could hardly tell it was choc.milk. I tasted it myslef! Sent it back and it came back still tasteless. Sent again and it came back barely PASSABLE. It still didn't taste like choc. milk. You think kids don't know better and it seems you are taking advantage of them! At the end the the choc. milk was left almost untouched. A fun outing was ruined b/c of you!!! No one came to speak to us, and to apologize. Kids food deserves same attention as grown ups food. Very disappointed in you!! I advise parents to check on the food their kids are served at your location. You can't be trusted, and that is sad.

1  Thank RespectKids
TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Hello Respectkids, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your experience. We're so sorry we did not meet your expectations, and we would welcome the chance to speak with you more about this visit. If there is anything else you would like to share with us, please visit http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/connect. Select “General Questions” from the drop down and allow us a few days to get back to you. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

You think you’ll be ok ordering to go, so you don’t have to wait in that endless 1 hour plus , wait. But that to go counter is poorly run and not managed while the emphasis on customer service is given to dining in customers.
After waiting in line at the to go counter for 10 minutes - The young girl behind the counter asked me my name and then punched something into the computer and said it would be right out. I waited almost twenty minutes past my scheduled pick up time for a to go order that was paid for online. Pick up and go, right ? Nope.
After seeing a man in a tie bring a bagged order to the counter I asked if that was mine and he checked the name and it wasn’t mine. He then checked in the computer again and apologized that I had obviously been waiting a long time. He then proceeded to get my order from the fridge directly behind him. My order had been sitting in that fridge the WHOLE TIME I WAS WAITING. Not one person thought to look there?? Right behind you !?
Then he gave me my order and I asked for forks. He said he would have to get some. The young woman returned by now and said she had some and then she realized they were a pack of knives. Then she reached again and threw plastic into my bag. I asked are those forks , because I just heard you say you had knives only. She said no, I gave you spoons. Fine I said and rushed out. Look what that nice young woman gave me .

It’s like Joe Pesci famously said , “they f%%% you in the drive through. “ Give them their bag of food and rush them out.

What happened to customer service ?

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here over the years, the service is good sometimes, the food is good but not great.the food depends on chief or cook that tends to salt,the food,to much.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

One of my fav chains that never disappoints. The wait of course can be a deterrent depending on when you go. Peak times are Friday night, Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Heck who am I fooling?! At this location you may wait on any given day of the week. The weekend is a must longer wait. The drinks are always on point, food and dessert. You just can’t go wrong.