“Unhappy Stay”

Palm Villa Suites Hotel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I would like to start off by saying that this was our first visit to seaside heights. We read all the reviews of the hotels in the area before picking our place to stay. We chose the one in our budget with a kitchenette and one block from the beach.

When we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant working but you had to check in at another hotel a block away. Strange.

We get to our room and there was NO microwave. The mini frig never got cold even though it was plugged in. We brought food to heat up and food to keep refrigerated. We called down to the main desk and they brought us a microwave. That was nice. Although we lost all of our food that was to be placed in the mini frig. We tried to keep things on ice but the ice place (the deli) closed at 10pm daily.

The room was out dated. Floors were dingy. Walls needed repaired. The rooms are spacious . The pullout is in the front separated by a very old bathroom and then a queen size bed. The pillows are very thin. With the amount of traffic this places brings per year you would think they could keep up on maintenance. The walls are very thin. People smoke all over even though it is non-smoking ESP at the pool. Trash was everywhere under the stairs. The outside needs painted. The stairs smell of urine. It's very old looking not anything like the management photos.

What was the worst part is housekeeping. The very first day when we were at the beach they came in and "cleaned." Yet, they TOOK my lotion, soap, contact lenses and solution along with my NORWEX facial cloths I brought from home. When I called the from desk the lady was so rude. Kept interrupting me as I was trying to explain my items were gone. Said she would call the house keeping. She called me back about 10 mins later stating the house keeping didn't take it. It must be misplaced. Misplaced where? I left it on the counter. Then it was gone. Asked to speak to the manger and she stated that she already talking to the manager and he said if they didn't take it then it wasn't taken. At that point I told her to not let anyone in our room for the rest of the time or we would call the police. That being said...we had to take our own trash out, we changed our own sheets, and got our own towels and wash cloths. Which was from one block away at the other hotel.

The set up so strange. No one is watching or managing this property. I will NEVER return. If you want your stuff stollen and to hear children run all around all hours of the night stay here. You would think with as upset as I was that the manager would call to apologize or offer to give back part of our paid fees? Or the staff member would be more apologetic? My items were taken. Literally stollen from my room when I was at the beach with my family. That's awful.

Stayed: August 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Omg where to begin?! This place is a dump! Listen to the reviews! We will not return!

This place feels like your in a scary movie/crack house!!!!

The good-The space was decent as far as the room size. Enough beds for our family(family of 5) & NO BED BUGS! A block from the beach.

The BAD- holes in the walls, dirty carpeting, flies welcome you in the room,(we had to buy bug spray @CVS),the bathroom is dirty and falling apart. The tub is broken instead of replacing it they applied a foam mat to cover it. The shower doesn't work properly. You have to call "maintenance" which he told us to pull on the knob even though it feels like you're going to break it.

The blinds in the room are broken like someone was staking out there.

Good luck finding the housekeeper to get washcloths, towels are stained. I was told they don't carry many washcloths since people use them to clog the toilets. The noise level is ridiculous! The walls are thin so you hear everything, every time some walking around or going to the bathroom.

You check in @ another hotel a block away. Would never return! Save your money! "Manager" where u check in was rude!

They need to be condemned and renovate the property. Stairway smells of urine, and are falling apart. The "pool" had a chair thrown into it. I doubt it had any chlorine in it. People smoke in & around the pool.

Just horrible! I usually don't write reviews but I had to get our experience out! They just take your money and place you where they want to! "Hotel Charlee" is the managing company not an actual hotel!

This morning 8/8/17 the cable was cut off due to non payment ‍♀️ as we were leaving to check out they paid the cable bill.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016

hotel was in desperate need of repair. bathroom tub stained with dirt. pool the size of a hot tub peeling walls and exterior paint. in desperate need of repair. no mattress cover needed to use my own sheets. zero ammenities for 200 a night definetly not worth it

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Villa Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. We hope to better understand your feedback as our rooms are upgraded with new furniture and clean, comfortable rooms. We do have covers on mattresses as well as sheets on top of that. We want to invite you back for a more fully enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the 2 bedroom as it was the only room available in town. Outside looks very run down, inside wasn't much better, my sons feet were black from the floors. For $400 for 1 night it would've been nice if they could've cleaned the floors. If you're going down with friends to have a good time and party and all you need is a place to sleep, it'd probably be good. I would not recommend for families.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Villa Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand your room was comfortable, except for an issue with the floors. We have improved our housekeeping procedures and apologize for the issue with the floors and grout. We want to invite you back for a more fully enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Would not recommend going to this place .Manager not nice , not clean , only give u two towels and is a hassle getting more .Pics are very deceiving !! List on the wall if u damage something , blinds were broke when we arrived, carpet dirty, shower was gross!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pjmac73

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the issues with cleaning and towels. These issues have since been resolved and we apologize for the inconvenience. We want to invite you back for a more fully enjoyable stay.