I would like to start off by saying that this was our first visit to seaside heights. We read all the reviews of the hotels in the area before picking our place to stay. We chose the one in our budget with a kitchenette and one block from the beach.
When we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasant working but you had to check in at another hotel a block away. Strange.
We get to our room and there was NO microwave. The mini frig never got cold even though it was plugged in. We brought food to heat up and food to keep refrigerated. We called down to the main desk and they brought us a microwave. That was nice. Although we lost all of our food that was to be placed in the mini frig. We tried to keep things on ice but the ice place (the deli) closed at 10pm daily.
The room was out dated. Floors were dingy. Walls needed repaired. The rooms are spacious . The pullout is in the front separated by a very old bathroom and then a queen size bed. The pillows are very thin. With the amount of traffic this places brings per year you would think they could keep up on maintenance. The walls are very thin. People smoke all over even though it is non-smoking ESP at the pool. Trash was everywhere under the stairs. The outside needs painted. The stairs smell of urine. It's very old looking not anything like the management photos.
What was the worst part is housekeeping. The very first day when we were at the beach they came in and "cleaned." Yet, they TOOK my lotion, soap, contact lenses and solution along with my NORWEX facial cloths I brought from home. When I called the from desk the lady was so rude. Kept interrupting me as I was trying to explain my items were gone. Said she would call the house keeping. She called me back about 10 mins later stating the house keeping didn't take it. It must be misplaced. Misplaced where? I left it on the counter. Then it was gone. Asked to speak to the manger and she stated that she already talking to the manager and he said if they didn't take it then it wasn't taken. At that point I told her to not let anyone in our room for the rest of the time or we would call the police. That being said...we had to take our own trash out, we changed our own sheets, and got our own towels and wash cloths. Which was from one block away at the other hotel.
The set up so strange. No one is watching or managing this property. I will NEVER return. If you want your stuff stollen and to hear children run all around all hours of the night stay here. You would think with as upset as I was that the manager would call to apologize or offer to give back part of our paid fees? Or the staff member would be more apologetic? My items were taken. Literally stollen from my room when I was at the beach with my family. That's awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one block to the Jersey Shore's Boardwalk and Beach, This hotel is the place to start any visit to the area. We're centrally located to all of Seaside Heights' great attractions, especially if you are looking for large, spacious accommodations for your visit to Seaside Heights. See you here soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palm Villa Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Villa Hotel Seaside Heights
- Palm Hotel Seaside Heights
- Palm Motel Seaside Heights