See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Clean, friendly and accomadating hotel. We book 10 rooms there for the last 2 years in February for the Special Olympics Polar Plunge. Our plunge team stays there and enjoys the rooms and hospitality of the staff. We will be going back next year and will recommend Palm Villa Suites to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Villa Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience for the Polar Plunge. We are glad you had a great stay as so many people experience with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon for your entire group! :-)

Reviewed 15 September 2015

I have stayed at beach motels before so my expectations weren't super high. Especially based on the reviews and pictures. However, I went in with high hopes that all would be fine.

My hope did not work.

We were at Seaside Heights this past weekend for a bachelorette party. Just 5 girls (and 3 of her mom's friends) in town to drink and hit the beach.

Upon check-in I noticed the pool was a ton smaller than it appears in the pictures online. It was also a ton dirtier, not clear water but water with a literal film on top. Note to selves,we were not getting in there. Hoping against all hope, I got the key to 23 and was immediately hit with a stench that was somewhat like fish water, and the a/c running and bubbling, it almost did remind me of being INSIDE a fish tank.

I thought to myself, "it'll be fine. It's so close to the boardwalk - although you had to walk a ways to anywhere "good- that it'll be worth it."

Wrong.

Silverfish in the bathroom. I repeat SILVERFISH in the bathroom.
Blood stains on the sheets - we asked for numerous sets and they ALL had some kind of large bodily fluid stain on them.
Duvets have not been cleaned in some time
Room was super dark - not enough lights for the girls to do their makeup.

Jack, the owner was kind enough to let a friend who would be too drunk to drive stay with us for "free." He also gave us a late check out time when we called a week ago however he came banging on the door at 10:30a when we weren't out yet. THe room wasn't serviced either as the girl who knocked on our door at 10:00a on Saturday said, "well if you want something, you better let me know know because I leave at 10:30." She was quite rude.

I got home on Sunday and showered, twice. The rooms were gross, not kept well and the sheets? I couldn't even give this place a 2* rating to say "at least it was a clean place to rest our head." As far as beach motels go, this place needs some cleanup and touchup for sure.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jenn N
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Villa Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand your stay was not fully enjoyable due to the damaged sheets. We apologize on behalf of our linen provider and will work hard to improve. We want to invite you back for a much more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

This pictures of this place looked decent on the website. Booked the room to have a place to sleep and a hot shower for myself and three children. (335 a night) Day bed filled with crumbs and stains. My kids wouldn't set even one foot in the tub because the bathroom was disgusting with black mold everywhere and inside the jets. Black flies buzzing around our heads most of the night. (I guess this is normal for being at the shore?) But the icing on the cake was to wake up at 4am and see little grey mice running across the floor. The room door had such a huge gap underneath, I'm not surprised how they got in. If it wasn't 4am and my children sleeping and exhausted, I would have left immediately. Instead I was up all night watching the door. You couldn't pay me to ever stay in this gross place ever again!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MomofTwo72
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Palm Villa Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We understand the room was clean and comfortable except for an issue with the bathroom. We apologize for the issue with the discolored caulking and not fully cleaned tub, which our housekeeping teams have been spoken to about. We have also contacted our 3rd party pest management to investigate the issues you mentioned and precautionary steps have been taken to prevent any issues.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this place when he sent me the website of the motel it looked nice in the photo. However when we got there the pool was the size of my bathtub. A 4ft deep pool!haha! It took us 20 minutes to open the door because the lock was probably 50 years old. We also saw people from mole control company working on one of the room there which gave me some chills. The parking lot was so small I had to park 2 blocks away for free parking. One of the lights in the room didn't work. The whole bathroom was brown. Well you just can't expect much when you decide to stay at seaside heights. All the motels there are gross.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We understand your stay was clean and comfortable except for the issue with the kids pool and decor. We will be improving our decor after the season so it will be more comfortable for you. As per the service company on site, we do take precautionary steps in case of a water leak which can occur from pipe leaks; we apologize for any inconvenience. We want to invite you back for a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

I wasn't expecting a five star hotel, but when the shower floor is so grimy that everyone prefers a three hour drive home with sandy skin to stepping into the shower, that's a problem. There was also trash or old furniture covered up with trash bags in the stairwell, and the box spring covered had black stains and tears. I'm not super picky, but for $300+ a night I expect a certain level of cleanliness.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank LovesTheShore16

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay. We under stand your stay was clean and comfortable except for some issues with the stairwell cleanliness. We sincerely apologize for this as we were undergoing a thorough cleaning and replacement of older items from another guest room. We want to invite you back for a more fully enjoyable stay!