“Last minute stay”
Review of Sea Palace Inn

Sea Palace Inn
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I decided last minute that we wanted to stay the night in seaside to walk the boardwalk. This was the o my place we could find that didn't have outrageous prices. It was ok but definitely not worth $267 for the night. It was walking distance from the boardwalk which was good but right next to the club. All night all we could hear was the base blasting through the walls. I wouldn't recommend this place to family but maybe a couple thing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Updated rooms. Jacuzzi tubs. Overall nice rooms. This property is located in the front. Not to be confused with its sister property sea palace motel located behind it. The property is well maintained and the front desk manager is more than helpful.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

If your looking for a decent hotel that is cheap and nothing fancy then this is your place. The rate is not horrible, no jacuzzi in the double rooms. Seems like only 1 room has the jacuzzi tub and its a single. The beds are just OK, and this is the only reason for the price I might not stay here again. We need comfy beds since we both have back problems. Front staff is very nice and helpful.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank supercurl_20
Reviewed 4 July 2016

I booked a weekend here this past weekend. The shower was abysmal. No water pressure and the water came out worse than in a sink. It took me 45 minutes to get the soap and shampoo off of my hair. I wanted to advise management so that they would rectify the problem and perhaps offer extended parking or an extended beach badge; but no.
I reported it to the young man at the front desk who informed me that the owner was not on the premises, but would return in an hour. That was fine. I told him I would like to talk with the owner. Instead, he came back upstairs about 20 minutes later with someone who had an attitude with me as soon as I answered the door. He volunteered to fix the shower in the morning by replacing the shower head. I said no, I simply wanted to talk with the owner and discuss the problem.
He would not take my answer and continued to ask me what I wanted since I said that fixing the shower at this juncture was unacceptable. He then said what do you want a refund on the room? I said no, I wanted to speak with the owner. He stomped off, extremely angry and went to the elevator. I said are you the owner, and he said yes. The young man he was with said no. His language was atrocious, using the f-bomb twice. I followed him downstairs and went into the office to again question where the owner was.
The same guy came in and started screaming at me telling me that I was a problem since I checked it. I did not want to engage him but he continued until I finally asked him not to talk to me. I told him that I didn't appreciate his language and I didn't appreciate him yelling at me. I also told him that I would not argue with him since he was clearly intoxicated. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.
I will file whatever reports are necessary for running a motel in New Jersey. I simply wanted to report the shower problem and I didn't need my evening ruined by the jerk named David who should not be working with people. As well, he should never come to a client's door, when he clearly was under the influence of alcohol.
I attempted to speak with the owner again in the morning, who conveniently was not around.

Room Tip: There is no good room; they are next to two bars which stay open until 3AM. It is noisy; as well, y...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 857Beth857
JD D, Public Relations Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2016

Dear Guest,
We are sorry for the incident that occurred past weekend. When you informed the front desk about the shower issue we wanted to get the issue fix. It was late so we had to call our maintenance personal after hours to have the shower head changed. Maintenance person was not on duty so out of courtesy he came to fix the problem. He may had few drinks but he was capable of changing the shower head. We had front desk personal also accompany the maintenance personal so there would not be any issue. You did not want the shower head to be fixed and you starting being rude to the front desk and maintenance personal. Please understand people that work for us are also human being and they are not there to take abuse from the guest. All he was trying to do was fix the shower head so you can take the shower properly when you desire. When guest reports a problem we want to take care of it right away so guest can enjoy the stay. You told me you were not looking for refund but only extended parking and use of beach badges which could have been arranged by the front desk if you had asked. Front desk have authority to make those decision. Owner is not present on premises 24/7 since he has hired employees to handle the situation. We will take measures not to repeat the same situation again. Once again we are sorry your stay was not pleasant and hope you have pleasant stay next time. Just for your note we looked at the shower head after your departure and it was working perfectly fine. We did not find any issue as per your complaint.

JD

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Moldy shower curtain, toilet not working and ants all over the floor, old hair balls in corners, roaches, need I say more GROSS. Bar fights near by. Pool is small and over taken by white trash. Went out on a limb staying here and boy it was regretted. Better off paying a little more and getting clean rooms. What do you expect it's Seaside. Couldn't upload the pics of the insect farm in the room or I would have. Oh and gross spiders hiding behind ur towels in the bathroom. This place is pure nasty. Heard this was the new section too. Could of fooled me. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We are sorry your stay was not pleasant and there were issues with the room. If there was issue with the cleanliness and had informed the staff we would have gladly switched your room and offered you refund which we did back to your credit card next day. There was few ants which was due to food being left open on top of the microwave. Our rooms get monthly sprayed by pest control technician. We will be retraining our housekeeping staff again and sharing your comments we do better job. Once again we are sorry.

JD

Franklin Terrace Motel
#9 of 39 in Seaside Heights
0.6 km away
Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments
Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartm...
#25 of 39 in Seaside Heights
0.6 km away
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River
Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / ...
#27 of 39 in Seaside Heights

Been to Sea Palace Inn? Share your experiences!