“motel-hell'”

Seaside Sands Inn
Seaside Sands Inn
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 29 August 2017

we enter office of a smoking room'.the management was rude'like he was doing you a favor'and you were getting the room for free'.my wife did not like it from the start I should had listen to her'parking was bad' on the way up to the room we saw buckets of cigarettes outside the rooms.when we open rm#305 it was bad furnitures from the 70s the rm was drity it looks like they just wipe it down my wife wanted to go' I told her lets make the best of it instead of looking for another hotel'again I should had listen to my wife.to make a longer story short at 3:25am my 10 yr old son woke up crying this is when it was a bigger nightmare in seaside sand hotell' there were bedbugs all over the beds we all got out the room went down in the rain to managers office and mr cigar smoker insulted me and my family by telling us that theres no bedbugs in his rooms I told him to come up and see for himself and he did not want to go up and did not want to give us another rm'i told him I was not going to pay for this room all he said was that I signed the papers and have to pay' we got what we can take out and ran out in the rain at 4;10 am we found a place to stay;in the morning I went back to fight for my money and guess what there was a terminator pest control truck in front of hotel and two rooms with the beds standing outside #305 and #304 rooms they knew it had bedbugs and wanted to make that money' my advice to all do not stay at this place the seaside sand hotel'.....skip this place or you will be sorry!!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank manboy564

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The stay was great for the rate! It was only a 5 minute walk to the boardwalk. The staff was friendly and the room was decent. Only two small issues. All of the booking sites boast about a deep soaking tub. However, there was no drain plug and no faucet! So if you have kiddos this is a little tough. Parking is also tight and you have to leave your keys at the front desk to avoid being bothered everytime someone needed to move their car out. This was not mentioned on any site upon booking. We left valubles in the car as we have trust issues on vacations because of a past happening. So turning over our keys made me feel a little uneasy. But who wants a phone call every hour on the beach?! Besides that, the trip was worth every penny spent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent location, once you get to the motel you will not need your car until you leave. Motel very out dated, no night stands or lamps, plastic chair in the corner of the bed room, bed clean and comfortable, probably would stay again only because of location.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017

As the title states, this is the worst place I have ever stayed. DO NOT STAY HERE. Disgusting, grimy, rude management, no parking, stains everywhere. We did not feel safe here, nor did we feel comfortable considering the premium price we were paying. We stayed 8hrs and decided we would not subject ourselves to these horrible conditions. We need to get out of here, and now. We let the office know our true feelings about their establishment, and that we would be leaving THAT MOMENT. We told them we would pay for the night but anything after that was not going to happen. The rooms were not as advertised. There was no feeling of security. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Management gave us a hard time, demanding they could not refund us, and that their rooms were clean. Clean to who's standards I demanded?! They were not willing to address the problems with the rooms, or their attitudes, and with that we left. We stopped the charge, and quickly found another place nearby which was clean, safe, friendly- everything the Sands Inn is NOT. I will never stay here again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. In this day and age, customer reviews are more important than ever. If the Sands Inn cares at all about their business, they need to open their eyes, listen to their customers and get their (expletive) together. This is not a quality establishment.

Room Tip: not clean, not friendly