“Great Beach Motel”

Franklin Terrace Motel
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 23 July 2015

We arrived early and were allowed to check in and get settled. The room was clean and quaint. I was happy there was a microwave and refrigerator. We loved the pool and the employees were more than accommodating. Extra and fresh towels when we needed them, beach passes and a parking pass along with walking distance to and from the boardwalk helped make our first family vacation more enjoyable! Would definitely stay again and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Davina T
Frank_TM, Guest Relations Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Franklin Terrace Motel. Thank you again for this excellent review of your recent stay with us! We are thrilled you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our convenient location near many Jersey Shore hot spots. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. We look forward to your next stay!

Manager.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

The room is clean and sort of adequate. It is good for the economy of Seaside Hts. because there is no where to sit except on the beds. So you cant spend time in your room. Be aware there are no cooking utensils in the room although there is a microwave, fridge, sink, and cooktop. Staff is very nice. Bathroom is miniscule and there were a few ants crawling around. For a last minute stay it was okay we had fun. Not particularly a good value.

Room Tip: Room 14 has no chairs or tables. But THREE beds
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Franklin Terrace Motel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Frank

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Because this is a motel, I knew not to expect for this place to be amazing; however, this place was a lot better than I thought it would be. It was clean and it wasn't to far from the boardwalk. If you are a young person that likes to party, then you would love it here because it is right across the street from two clubs. If you want peace and quiet then this is not the place for you.

Stayed: July 2015
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Franklin Terrace Motel. Thank you again for this excellent review of your recent stay with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location near many Jersey Shore hot spots. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

I'm writing this review because my stay with the Franklin Terrace Motel was probably the worst motel experience I've ever had in my life. I want to warn others because I don't think anyone deserves to be treated the way I was treated. Let me first start off by saying that I am a responsible 23 year old college grad who was spending the weekend with her friends at the shore. I am not some irresponsible teenager getting wasted and causing a ruckus, and gave no reason for these people to think I was. I was disrespected and taken advantage of right from the start because of my age, which is sickening.

It's funny to me that there are reviews that customer service is 'KING' because every male that worked here was rude and disrespectful towards myself and my guests. Our entire stay these people made up their own rules that they did not explain at check in. You'd think a serious motel would explain the rules right when you get there, which made me suspicious and think we were getting scammed. They were also very unorganized and you could tell, because they'd be 'serious' about these rules but then let it go when we spoke up, which made me think they were just trying to get more money out of us.

The first thing they had us do was to have our guests write their names and ages down on a piece of paper because you cannot be under 21 in a room, which I get. However, they only checked one persons ID who signed the paper, which I thought was strange. They then informed us that they have a policy for $15 a night per guest so of course we abided by that. However, when my guests went to pay and asked for a receipt, and they said "Don't worry about it, trust us!". No joke. That is what they said. I said "no, we demand a receipt, that is how we know it is on our records and we aren't getting scammed." The next day, one of my friends had to leave and they got angry with us for having a guest leaving. This was the first example of the motel making up their own 'rules' without informing us of them at check in. The next day, they were rude to us again because they said our guests who were staying for one night were supposed to have left already. Again, they never informed us of this 'rule' at the very start, so of course I was angry about that. I got in a literal screaming fight with one of the males who worked there and he actually told me I was too 'young' too understand. Every conversation I had with a male worker there was rude, disrespectful, and irrational. They did not care what I had to say and I was their CUSTOMER. This motel is the perfect description of how NOT to treat your guests.

Overall, this place I feel disrespects young adults. I have never felt so insulted in my life. They make their own rules, tried to scam us for different reasons to make more money, and disrespected myself and my guests to the extreme. Not to mention, we had to ASK for towels and toilet paper. The wifi did not work that well either. The ONLY benefits I can say about this motel is that it is close to the beach and the night life. Other than that, I strongly suggest you do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank annaI3359IP
franklinmotel, Guest Relations Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2015

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that our motel was not sufficient in regards to what you were looking for in a motel.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that you feel I fell short of our goals in this instance. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

We do have price policies publicly available on all the websites and also on confirmation letter. We do charge $15 extra per person per night. So if you had any confusion regarding the price policy, then you should have just asked for price for seven people instead three people that you had your original reservation is for. We do also had room service everyday between 10am-1pm on the motel premises but since you had all those extra people inside the room you decided not to open the door to take the room service for any day of your entire stay, then you will not received any towels etc.

Please know that I value you as our guest and would like all our guests to see us at our very best to this end. To all our future guests please don't be discouraged by this negative review. We are here to provide safe, clean and memorable stay for all our guests. We have many repeat guests who have enjoyed our services and have returned year after year.

Reviewed 6 July 2015

It's hard to find a great hotel in Seaside because so many are tiny, dirty, and super expensive. This one is a block from the boardwalk, the rooms are a good size, and they clean every day. We stayed in this hotel twice. The first time the floors were dirty, but everything else was clean. The second time everything was clean. Staff is very pleasant. Any other town I'd say this was overpriced, but for Seaside it's a good deal. You get beach passes and parking as part of the price and everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Top floors might have a view of the ocean. Bottom floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma9887

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent trip with us and for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to that you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to hosting your stay again when you comeback to Seaside Heights.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside Heights
2 km away
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Franklin Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!