“Not what I booked”

Aquarius Arms Motel
Aquarius Arms Motel
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I called the Mark III Motel and booked a room for two night three adults and a small well behaved dog. I go to check in at the Mark location to be told my room is next door at Aquarius Arms. I'm told it is two rooms with kitchen, I'm given instructions on how to turn on fridge and microwave and the fan to get ac in the other room. I would think that that would have been done knowing that the room is rented and it is 90 degrees out. We pull in the parking lot to see people living full time in the units with their dogs tied to the post out front. The ac is a wall unit in the bed room with a small fan in the wall in living room area. Needless to say the kitchen living room area was HOT the entire time there. The bedroom had no tv but a hugh tv stand? The bed was like sleeping on bricks!! The futon in the living room was really noisy and dirty looking. They said free wi-fi never could get the password. I understand it is a shore room and I get it BUT for the price I paid I would expect a bit more. I'm sure I got pushed over to the other place because of having a dog but they need to tell people that! I expected regular room with real ac and two beds. The only thing it had going for them is that they take pets. The beaches open at 9 the office don't open till 10 they will give you beach badges for a 70$ deposit..Really it's 8 $ to get on the beach and I can do it a 9am! I will not stay here again.. I'll look for maybe an house rental or different motel!!!!

Room Tip: Walking distance to Boardwalk / take pets
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2015

Had to stay here as only motel in town that would take small dog. Later found out Quality Inn is pet friendly. AC noisy and barely worked. Old, out-dated decor. Afraid to sit on couch or chairs w/o a sheet covering them. Bed hard as a rock, mattress covered in plastic, and also afraid to use the blanket. No window screens. No ice machine. Wi Fi slow and worked on-and-off only half the time. Room had that musty odor from years of old, greasy grimy dirt. Floors were sticky - had to wear shoes. Bath soap hard as a rock and looked to be 40 years old. Continental breakfast was white toast and 6 donuts.Owner, George is a cheap skate millionaire.DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY and RATES HIGH FOR WHAT YOU GET. Would not let my dog stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank guest g
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I just got home today and never wrote a review before but I just have to warn people. First of all the price I paid for this dump is a sin, $525 for 4 people and Two small dogs for 2 nights . I was told the only room left was an efficiency but that was a lie, the place was dead and had plenty of rooms. They get more money for an efficiency. There was only one double bed and a small futon that could not fit 2 adults.. We stayed here 4 years ago and it wasn't too bad for a standard room but the efficiency room was the worst place I ever stayed..TV did not work and ac barely worked, blocked toilet, never got clean towels or toilet paper, free wifi is a joke, cigarette burns in blankets and shower curtains, broken outlets, dirty, dark, moldy and no ice machine because Storm Sandy destroyed.. Well that was how many years ago, buy a new one with all the $ u steal from ur guests. We love taking r dogs but this place is not fit for a dog...I wanted to sleep in the car. Check in process takes forever and don't plan on checking out early because no one is in office. Ruined r family vacation, we r going back to the Colony ( very clean), but can't take the dogs...I am afraid to bring my suitcases in my house for fear of what bugs may have climbed in.. Then they do a walk thru inspection at the end to determine if u will get ur $100 cash deposit back... Don't stay here and if must take pictures..

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After an extensive search I found that this is the only place in Seaside Heights that allows pets during the summer season. I read all the terrible reviews from previous visitors but decided to go and make my own decision based on my own experience there. Staff was very helpful and friendly. My dogs were treated great and there weren't a bunch of rules to make it unpleasant. There is a small area for the dogs to "potty" and since there were others with their pets, there wasn't a big worry about making sure your dog doesn't bark or make too much noise. In addition, the manager was kind enough to add some ice to the bowl of water I put out for my dogs...just a nice gesture. I had to leave a $100 deposit but got the entire deposit back in full when I checked out. If you're expecting a fancy updated place then go some place else and spend 3x as much money. Sure the place was older and not exactly a palace but for a beach motel that allows pets...it was perfectly fine. It met my most important criteria...safe, working air conditioning, pet friendly and clean enough. There were no bugs, no scams, no nasty staff (as mentioned in other reviews). Maybe I just had a good experience or maybe...I was treated the way I treated them...with honesty and respect. I would go back again if I wanted to visit Seaside Heights with my dogs.

Room Tip: get the apartment so you have a living room/kitchen combo and a bedroom and bath
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Danielle4352014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have been staying at this motel since 2011 and we love it, we have gown back every year since 2011! Alice at the front desk is such a wonderful lady, especially when we needed extra things for are room!! The motel is clean and pools are great, are dog ever love going there!! The prices are very good as well, we had a problem last yr when we stayed the are frig broke one night and morning went to office and it was replace right way!! Thank you alice and staff at the Aquarius arms for a pleasent stay every year! See you in august!! Sincerely yvette t boniello from middletown ny

• Stayed: August 2013