See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I booked this motel in 2012 and was satisfied with the room as it was just he and I, it is 2 blocks from the beach. The power went out the 2nd night but we got through it. We decided to book it again this year, 2013, Alice, who chain smokes while you are standing in the office with the little black dog that looks like he hasn't had a bath since the the hotel was book, put us in the Mark II or III, not really sure which roman numeral it was. Either way, it was disgusting, smelly and nasty. We had our son and granddaughter with us. I did not want them walking on the floor because it was so nasty and I was afraid they'd catch something. It smelled of mold and mildew. My son, who has asthma had a hard time sleeping that night. I would not recommend the Mark II or III for families that suffer from allergies. Alice, was reluctant but put us in a room at the Aquarius Arms which is at the next corner, This room was much better, as we remembered from last year. This will be our last time at this motel. Oh, I forgot to say that we got plug-ins and scented candles to mask the smell but it did not work. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: Book at your own risk. I would ask which hotel you are staying in when booking in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim E
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I booked this motel on a Sunday evening. On Monday morning my husband and I realized we could not go. I contacted the motel right away. The woman on the phone was extremely nasty and said that they would still have to charge our card 30.00!!!!!!! This is so unfair and not good business practice! Thank goodness I cancelled! I read so so many negative comments about this place. These owners better wake up and do right by people. Unbelievable. Stay away.. far far away! Spread the word that these people are absolutely thieves!!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachie419
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I booked this with our dog. We wanted somewhere that we could bring our dog and this was the only place in Seaside Heights. I was excited about going here because I have never been to this beach town before and wanted to see where the Jersey Shore was filmed. It was run down and old looking. We had to go a block away to check in and the woman Alice that checked us in was nice but it smelled like smoke and had flies in the office due to her smoking at the desk. We got the remote and had to pay $50 deposit for our dog. Once inside there was dim lighting and the tile floor had sand on it. The matresses were wrapped in plastic causing it to crinkle when you sat or moved on it. The bathroom shower did not have a liner in it so the shower curtain had mold all over it.

The fridge was probably from the 1970's and the microwave was gross. The towels had holes in them and stains and felt like sandpaper. The air conditioner would only stay on for 3 minutes at a time and it then would turn off. The pool wasn't too bad just small.

We will not be returning to Seaside Heights it was nice to see where the show filmed but I was not a fan of the town much better in Wildwood, NJ.

Room Tip: None of the rooms would have been a good choice they were all dated and gross.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jennifer O
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This place is a disgusting dump. The manager and his crew are SCAMMERS who will find a way to keep your security deposit! They love having kids come down on prom week-end...that's when they make their money. None of the security deposits are returned because they mysteriously find ways to scam if from you. Dirty place, dirty management...beware!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank maria a
Reviewed 6 June 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. In addition to the rooms being dirty and disgusting (along as the manager) they are thieves, and try everything to keep your deposit. Check everything in your rooms when you first get in.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends