See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were originally booked at Sea Breeze for which I wrote a separate review, but asked to be moved to Econolodge because I wasn't comfortable being in a separate building. I'm not sure how to review this place. The beds were clean. At first glance it was fine. But the bathroom ceiling was in need of repair. The shower needed a serious cleaning or replacement. The door to the room left a gap. All the doors to the rooms were different. None of the buttons on the air conditioner worked and the panel that covers the buttons wasn't attached. The furniture looked like it had been burned and I found a nail next to the mini fridge. We only stayed one night and it was fine for a night....I don't know what the rate is but Econolodge was considered the upgrade from Sea Breeze and I don't think they should be able to charge too much. Breakfast was bread in a container and coffee. My husband went at 8am and 9am so it wasn't that they ran out (the coffee was a fresh pot the second time). The positives are that the location is great just a couple blocks from the beach and boardwalk. The person at the desk whose name I didn't get was very pleasant. It didn't seem like a brand name hotel and our only guess was that they intend to renovate it. Unless that's done we'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lbk01
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I made a mistake by discounting others reviews, omg, avoid this place at all costs. Trash & discarded panties in the parking lot was an omnibus sign of things to come. They were still there when I left the next day. Noisy doors, drop ceilings with gaps and stains, air conditioner was either too hot or too cool, tv remote worked the tv but not the cable box so you had to change the channel by going to the box, one window in my room looked like it was repaired with paper and tape, the list goes on. Very disappointed, do much so I considered leaving right away. I probably should have.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is completely awful. My cousin and I spent about an hour looking at different hotels along the northern Jersey shore, and decided that this hotel was the best. We were wrong. You could see clearly inside our room from the hallway when the door was closed because it was crooked on the hinges. Our doorknob was ductapped on. Our air conditioner broke and when we opened to door to the controllers on the air conditioner the door fell off. We pulled the cord out of the outlet and the entire outlet came out of the wall. The cables to our television were cut, our windows didn't close, we had no hot water, the bathtub was peeling and the toilet wouldn't flush. There were urine stains, holes, and pubic hair in the sheets. The doorknob to one of the bedrooms was held on with a hair tie, and the security chain on our door was broken off. We also found garbage between the nightstand and the wall. The floor tiles were ripped up and there were holes in the roof. The staircase entrance was falling apart. Someone tried to steal our tires in the hotel parking lot. I would feel safer sleeping on the boardwalk then in Econo Lodge Seaside Heights.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE. Let me say this again. DO NOT STAY HERE. This was the most disgusting example of a hotel ever seen. The ceiling in the bathroom leaked and not sure what is was but it smelled horrible. The sheets were dirty and there was no blankets. We cancelled the second night and went across the street to the Hershey Hotel which was fantastic. STAY THERE.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Would never stay here again. Rooms were dirty, our window didn't shut in the one bedroom and didn't even have a screen, one room didn't have a doorknob, the bathtub was peeling, toilet didn't flush and no hot water, our door you could see around.
The front desk is very unorganized.
Someone tried to steal our tire from our car in the parking lot.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank heathersM9033LG
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback! We apologize for the issues you faced during your stay. We have addressed these issues with our maintenance team and they have been fixed. We would like to invite you back for a more enjoyable stay:)