See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Just spent this past weekend at the Sea Isle Inn. I must say I was totally impressed with the motel considering the reasonable rates. Facility from top to bottom is very clean. Staff members are friendly, polite and extremely accommodating. Kudos to “John” office staff member…..Again this is the spot!!!! Looking forward to going back in the near future. Worth every penny….

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leighdawn59
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Okay, take this review with the perspective in which/why I booked and the honest review of the motel in which my stay entailed. My girlfriend went to Sea Isle for the day and while there asked if I wanted to meet her there after work and stay the night. She called a few places and this was only place with a room avail that was not $300/night. Crazy! So this was like $210/night in total. It was a hard pill to swallow for a motel but it was last minute and is very close to the beach. First impression was typical motel but it was nicely kept for the most part from the outside although there is this "bar" right in the middle of the courtyard which seems like something my drunk uncle built. That aside there seemed to be plenty of areas to sit and the pool seemed nice, we did not use it. There were newer chaise lounge chairs around the fenced-in pool area. Plenty of free street parking available for additional cars. You get a spot per room I believe in the back for which a car placard is needed. Our room was on the second level. Huge windows in front with a sofa and two beds. Everything in this place is from the 70s - 80s and I mean everything is from that time. It's not like the wall paper is old it's like they installed everything including the furnishings and bed spreads and that's it. If you went there in 1970 chances are the same sheets are there. Our bed comforters, not the decorative one but the one you use had wear/age holes in it. Gross but functional, actually didn't notice them until the next morning. Small bathroom with really no place to store anything on sink/counter so for a longer stay then a night it seems pretty impractical. I would not sit on the sofa for fear of what is living in/on it but there was a chair...from the 70s. There was a flat screen TV which I assumed worked as we did not use it. Desk and end table and a small fridge round out the room. Wifi is not to be had here. They technically have it but it's in the office or right outside the office. There were two plastic lawn chairs outside the room for sitting which was nice. This is right across the street from a beach entrance, well about a block away in a straight shot. Was perfect for a walk in the morning or the evening but there is really nothing around this area as it is beyond the "boardwalk" so no walking to an ice cream shop or a shop for an afternoon treat or a bathroom. You'll need to drive down or shuttle down to around 45th or lower for those quick afternoon options. Parking is very reasonable ($1/hr) and the meters accepts cards or cash. There is free parking along the parallel street from the beach so be patient and try there first. Bottom line is this is typical motel at an inflated price because of the location and lack of other available options. If you're in a pinch stay here but if you have time shop around. There was nothing horrible about this place but it's not a destination or even, in my opinion, a decent place to stay. I wouldn't bring my kids here, I'll leave it at that.

Room Tip: Get rooms away from the stairs
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This place looks like it is right out of the 1950`s . Rooms are clean needs to be updated. Some dates you need to stay 2 nights. WHich I did not like at all.
I think they are alittle pricey .Front desk staff is very nice they seem to have a lot of return visitors. The pool was great and the bar has all kinds of things going on.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016

So, booked in this hotel as part of an event. No much choice. My best advise is that if do not have to stay here, then don't. If on the other hand, if you enjoy a shabby hotel with minimum services for high prices then this is your place. This is not an older place that has charm.

Rooms are pretty small with fixtures that have to be over 30 to 40 years old. No amenities to speak of except for a pool. No wifi, no overnight room cleaning. Funiture is stained that has wear holes, stained carpets, poor mattresses, noisy air conditioner and no wifi. All from between $150 and higher.

Cannot imagine one booking in here unless you just had to be here.

Room Tip: Not available at this place.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Billeis
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

The staff is kind and considerate. In our room (#8), we found it clean but very dated. While I was told there have been renovations recently due to storm damage, I must admit that my thought was the owners must have gone to some rummage sales for furnishings, then bought new beds.
As a middle aged woman, it bothered me that the plastic was left on the mattresses (I know it's more sanitary), but the crinkle of the plastic made me feel like I was sleeping on a pee pad.
The shower was clean but the water temperature fluctuated a lot. I could deal with it by my kids hated it.
My boss was kind enough to front the bill for our stay here, and I would stay again if he did. I understand it's summer, this is when people make their money...but it was $174 for the night, which is $1218 for a week. At that rate I would find a house or air bnb. This place is more like an $89-$99 a night price range in my humble opinion.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family