“Wonderful In Every Way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scotch Plains
1910 House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We came to this marvelous B & B quite by accident. A power failure that lasted two days caused us to search for a hotel room and none were to be found. Our IPAD told us about this B & B which is less than a mile from home. We called at 8 PM and Michael (luckily) had two rooms available. We didn't get there until almost 9 and he was waiting to welcome us. The rooms were terrific - the beds wonderfully comfortable. And the nicest touch of all after a trying day was a glass of brandy in the Victorian style living room. The next day, a perfect home-cooked breakfast (including home-made banana bread). We stayed for two days until the power came back on and would stay there again willingly. Michael is a great host, his stories about the B & B fascinating and the overall comfort, better than any chain hotel. We will suggest that friends and family stay there when they are in town. Absolutely 5 star experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for 1910 House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 14 November 2011

More and more I am spending the time to look for a B&B instead of whatever might be along the highway. This B&B is conveniently located just off highway 22, easy drive from Newark airport and out of all of the conjestion. Nice comfortable, clean room and made to order homecooked breakfast. What I am really liking is that the money I spend is going into preserving a wonderful old home and supporting a local small business. Michael, the host is quietly behind the scenes doing everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. He is knowledgeable of the history of the area without being overbearing in any respect. After trying several other "chains" in the area and being disappointed by value and cleanliness I am very happy to say that the 1910 will be my stopping spot whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The St. Bernards room is perfect for a single traveler.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I've stayed at a lot of bed and breakfasts in the U.S. and abroad. So I was more than happy to book the 1910 House on my overnight stay in N.J., rather than stay at one of the run-down hotels near the Newark airport, or, worse, pay $150/night to stay just outside the city. I was pleasantly surprised. The home is tucked in a quiet neighborhood (very, very quiet) in Scotch Plains, about 20 min. from the airport on a quaint, tree-lined street. The home is clean, comfortable and contains many period pieces. My bed and bathroom were perfect, and my host, Michael, was very cordial. The home is meticulously cared for and the price was better than any lodging in the area. Although I've stayed at B&Bs with bigger rooms and in more bustling areas, I still gave it five stars for its comfort, serenity and price. It is what a B&B is supposed to be - a home away from home. And I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit
4.9 km away
Best Western Plus Murray Hill Hotel & Suites

Been to 1910 House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!