“Over Hyped”

The Saddle River Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Saddle River Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 35 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Allendale Avenue & West Saddle River Road
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

On my visit early last summer, found my reservation for 7pm was honored at 750pm. I was surprised along with two other couples waiting along with us. Food was above average. Waiter took way too long to get our bottles opened. Maybe Saturday eve can be responsible.

1  Thank sudsy072018

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and I went to the Saddle River Inn on Snowy February night in Saturday to celebrate our anniversary and we had a wonderful time! if you never been there it is an old rustic barn with a lot of charm. I had this Lobster Roll special that was out of this world, along with an Alaskan Halibut. My had the Filet Mignon and she let me have a few bite, it was by far one of the most amazing and tender pieces of filet I had ever eaten. It melted in your mouth like a butter it was so good.

Please note that this place is in high demand. For a Saturday sitting you will have to make you reservation a month in advance (call or go on open table). Also, it is a BYOB which is great (we bought to very expensive bottles of wine to drink and enjoy)

1  Thank daniel l
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here several times over the years.
Food is always first rate. Service courteous and professional.
Cozy ambiance.

1  Thank LouiesOTA
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We went there had ok food and service but the stuff has not returned us the bottle bag. After the evening I contacted two times the restaurant and they promised me to drop it of the other day , not happen. Very unprofessional as they promised me two times

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Our first time at the Saddle River Inn in several years. Ambiance is just as I remembered it....rustic decor coupled friendly yet professional service. Food was excellent--especially the Hamachi appetizer. The steak special--while very expensive was delicious and perfectly prepared. The BYO policy is fantastic and goes with the overall style/M.O. of the restaurant. The one slight disappointment was the black truffle risotto--which based on the price should have contained more truffles and less mushrooms. Other than that (personal view) it was a great overall experience. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank sajiz2015