“Ropa Vieja to Die for”

Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Rutherford
Price range: USD 0 - USD 37
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Mambo Tea House, we offer authentic Cuban cuisine and Asian teas in a beautiful and cozy setting. The merge of two cultures is a direct reflection of the co-owners. The husband and wife team are from the Caribbean and Hong Kong, respectively. Come in for some delicious cuisine and friendly service! We are a BYOB!
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I'm Cuban American and I had a tremendous dinner at this fabulous restaurant. When I arrived I got a very friendly reception from Ignacio the maitrede who seated me immediately. Erica the waitress gave me excellent service she was on point. The menu was extensive with many typical Cuban dishes. I went for the Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) I truly felt like I was home with mom. I had a tres leches dessert & Cuban coffee all done perfectly. Do yourself a favor if you want quality Cuban food go to Mambo Tea house!!!!

1  Thank Eduardo C

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm so happy I could find a nice place to enjoy a nice dinner with good music and good food. I had the perfect combination of mojitos and the ceviche. My husband loved the churrasco and the mojitos aswell. Next time we'll save some room for dessert. Mmmmm...

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for almost 4 years and i don't know why it's taken me so long to write a review. We simply love the place! Everything from the appetizers (love their empanadas), entrees like Churrasco grilled to perfection and their famous Tres Leche cake! The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. It really looks like they enjoy what they do! The decor and ambience is very cozy and cute, a fusion between Asian and Cuban. Who knew that that combination works harmoniously.

It is our weekly Cuban food fix!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

$24 for farm-raised salmon and the pernil was very bland. The salmon serving size was too little for the price. The side vegetables were overcooked and the house salad was ordinary. The pernil came with sliced tomatoes and raw onions, which didn't complement the pernil. The bean soup was too salty. The plantain chip sauce was tasty, but didn't find more authentic Cuban flavors here for $75 for two people. The atmosphere and service were pleasant enough.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My friends and I made reservations for 6pm on Saturday night Aug 12 at 5pm. We were celebrating my girlfriend’s birthday. When we arrived we were quickly seated. Our waitress was Stephanie and she was excellent. This is a byob restaurant. We brought several bottles of wine and they made sangria for us. Both the red and white was really good with lots of fresh fruit. We ordered several appetizers, the shrimp ceviche was excellent and stood out the most to me. We also enjoyed our meals which everything came out hot, fast, and delicious. I ordered the caribbean fried rice. One of my friends order the oxtails which I tasted. The oxtails was seasoned perfectly, next time I will order it for myself. We ordered the empanada cheesecake it was delicious, they were nice enough to bring it out with candles and sang happy birthday. They have so many teas on the menu. You can order it hot or cold. We ordered the coconut tea cold and it was delicious. Everything was perfect. My friends and I really enjoyed this restaurant and we will be returning really soon.

1  Thank Caribbeantravelqueen