“Latinamerican food”
Review of Mambo Empanadas

Mambo Empanadas
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Rutherford
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I love this place. We needed a Latin American restaurant in the area. Great food, nice decoration, good music and service. And they also make your sangria :). I recommend this place to dine in or to go. I loved the salmon and the avocado salad, mmm...

1  Thank Na D

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I had only 20 minutes for lunch and I'm so happy I came here. I ordered a beef empanada that was cooked to perfection. I also had a chicken chaufa that left me hungry for me. This place is definitely one of my favorite places for a quick lunch.

1  Thank BurtNun
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We frequent their sister restaurant, Mambo Tea House, also in Rutherford, and were therefor anxious to try this new addition. With welcoming outdoor and indoor seating and friendly servers, we felt at home right away. There is a pleasant atmosphere. They can boast of excellent and affordable food with Dominican and Peruvian influences.We tried their empanadas; excellent. We also tried their saltado; a stir fried dish with your choice of steak, chicken, shrimp or tofu. Recommended. There are plenty of vegetarian dishes to choose from. And, like all restaurants in Rutherford, it is BYOB.

1  Thank MenschinNJ
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I finally stopped by this restaurant for take out (lunch). We ordered cuban sandwich with yuca fries and empanadas (ground beef, shredded chicken breast, and cheeseburger). Sandwich was tasty and not heavy at all. All empanadas were excellent! Prices were perfect. And a nice salsa music inside the store. I will totally dine in next time to try some of specialty caribbean platters!

1  Thank Masae S
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Visited this place with my daughters and was very pleased with the empanadas quality and generous portion. Definitely going back. Prices are reasonable as well.

1  Thank Ti-Sheng L