“Szechuan at its best!”

Joyce Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in River Edge
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Joyce Chinese Cuisine, our focus is on authenticity. Szechuan cuisine is known for their over 40 different styles and 3,000 unique methods of cooking and we are thrilled to bring you a taste of this historical culinary art. We bring our ingredients in from China to preserve the origins and traditions of every recipe. Some of our most loved dishes are the classic Steamed Bun with Juicy Pork, the Dan-Dan Noodles, and the Spicy & Aromatic Crab. You can also never go wrong with our Chef Special, the Seafood with Crispy Rice Cake! We also offer take-out for your convenience, so you can enjoy our dishes whenever and wherever you desire. Joyce Chinese Cuisine is where family and friends gather to enjoy our mouth-watering cuisine and establish a strong bond with one another. Upon entering our space, an air of tranquility surrounds you. The dark wood setting, granite stones, Chinese style and natural paper screen emit a feeling of warmth and serenity. Enjoy our peaceful decor with your delicious, authentic Szechuan meal!
Reviewed 4 February 2018

If you're looking for quality Szechaun, look no more. I'm fortunate to live close to Joyce Chinese, but it's worth going out of the way for. I've eaten here more than a few times and lost count of how many times I've done takeout.

Leo L, Owner at Joyce Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Joe, we sure do appreciate your support! Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're here for you anytime! -Leo, Owner

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We enjoyed our meal at Joyce very much. We started with the soup dumplings and they were delicious. As entrees we ordered the ginger wine chicken in a casserole and the black pepper beef on a steaming plate. Both of them were tasty and excellent. The restaurant is fairly large and we were seated promptly when we arrived. Our meal was made quickly and the service received was good too. Worth a stop if you are craving Chinese in the area.

1  Thank CGin23
Leo L, Owner at Joyce Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

From start to finish, it sounds like you all had a delicious, enjoyable evening with us! Thanks for your recommendations. I'm grateful for your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon! -Leo, Owner

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Went tonight with 3 couples. Food was really good and I'm not a big Asian foodie. David was our waiter and we could not have asked for anything more. I would go back here again. Thank you for great food and service.

Leo L, Owner at Joyce Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Judy, it was a pleasure hosting your group -- thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy to hear that our food exceeded your expectations. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to David. Anytime you're in the mood for Chinese food, we'd love to have you! -Leo, Owner

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This restaurant offers very authentic SzeChuan cuisine: tasty, flavorful and spicy. That's the reason for us to keep going back for more. Try the fish fillet or sliced beef/lamb in spicy chili sauce. If you can't handle the heat, there are other not so spicy choices from the menu, Waiter/Waitress here are friendly and attentive.

Leo L, Owner at Joyce Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thanks for being such a fan of what we do here, Jeff! Your support means everything to us, and we're grateful to have earned it. I look forward to your next visit -- we'll have the fish fillet waiting! -Leo, Owner

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place was ok for formal Chinese dining. The food was good but not great. One of our dishes had too many unedible bony parts in it. Definitely too expensive for what you get. Since there is a major shortage of good actual Chinese restaurants in the area that aren't takeout, this elevates the place a bit. Other than that, the staff was accommodating for my kids and the place was clean and the decor neat.

Leo L, Owner at Joyce Chinese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

I appreciate your input, so thanks for taking the time to write! I wanted to let you know that we're always happy to fix any issues that you might have with your dish if you had let us know. With that said, I apologize for that mishap with your dish. I hope that you'll bring your family back again for more Chinese food. - Leo, Owner