“Closed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Unfortunately this restaurant has closed in Ridgewood. When it opened years ago it was a great place to meet friends for a great meal but the last couple of years the food has gone downhill.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

I must admit that the only reason we came was because of the Groupons, and we wanted to give the place another view.

Nothing special in my opinion I'm sorry to say other than the outdoor seating in the warm weather,

1  Thank XSki007
Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

12-26-14 wanted to give a 3 1/2. So I bought a Groupon before reading reviews after reading reviews I was hesitant but I figured I would go in and ask their opinion on what their best dish was and then I wouldn't go wrong. I asked the waitress who seemed like she may be the owner or play an important part about the wild mushroom soup. She said it was excellent. I ordered it and I was very pleased it has lots of fresh garlic and flavor and plenty of mushrooms. Each spoonful I kept commenting how good it was ... My friend had the pasta fagioli I did not taste it but she said it was very good and it looked very good. With white plump beans. The bread c consistency was shallow and flavoring just ok not the route of bread where you want more and more. I ordered pasta with shrimp and the pasta although the one that I picked was not homemade (penne) was very good with layers of flavor. The shrimp could have been cooked a minute or two less but they were fine. I loved the sun dried tomatoes although they were slivers they were very flavorful and added a zing and they had great consistency not too hard not too soft. Although you were only given 6 medium small sized shrimp. In my opinion nine would have rounded out the ratio or 6 larger instead. My friend had a chicken special layered with tomato and spinach and fresh mozzarella in a brown sauce. Two pieces of chicken were included. Usually by tasting chicken at a restaurant you can gauge if the restaurant is good or not this chicken was tender thin and the fresh mozzarella on top was delicious . All three servers that came to our table in rotation we're all very nice polite and helpful. And our water glass was always full. For dessert I had a gingerbread Gelato that was good it got creamier as it melted and the flavors were released more at that point then at the beginning when it was frozen. Serving side was large. A good value for the money even before Groupon. Pleasantly surprised I would go back. I say try it for yourself.

Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

Uncomfortable and unappetizing on every level. Portions were pitifully small after waiting an absurdly long time for our orders. Over cooked salmon drenched in rancid olive oil and vegetables marinated in garlic. Resembled rabbit food. Bread was stale and inedible. Seats are hard and place is drafty. Fuggedaboudit. Complete waste of time and money.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

We enjoyed a nice dinner sitting outside at La Piazza. It was very good, and we enjoyed it. It’s very nice, when the weather is great in Ridgewood, to eat outside. My only complaint with eating outside here was that a lot of other customers brought their dogs to dinner, and having dogs continually sniffing at me while I was trying to enjoy my meal did not make me too happy. I don’t feel that pets should be brought to restaurants personally, where they bother other customers who came there to enjoy a meal, but aside from that, it was a very good meal. We enjoyed some appetizers, and the main courses were really good as well.

Another complaint I had with the restaurant was the bread. The bread was very floury and had a weird taste. I always judge Italian restaurants by their bread, and I really was not impressed with their bread. I know this is very minor, but I always give an honest review.

The food was delicious, I just wish the dishes were a little larger. We left being a little hungry as the plates were very much lacking. I’m not sure if I would good back, a very tasty meal but the restaurant definitely has some noticeable flaws.

1  Thank roha19