“service in style of: I could care less...”
Review of Marcello's at The Station - CLOSED

Marcello's at The Station
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Godwin Ave, West Ridgewood Ave
Transit: We are located across the street from Ridgewood train station serviced by NJ Transit and Metro North, with the additional of bus 164, 165 & 175 stop right at our doorsteps.
Description: Marcello's offers seasonal Northern Italian Cuisine. Executive Chef Paul Joseph creates simple and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist. The dramatic interior is an original and unique old world setting. You will experience the pleasures of Italian cooking in a welcoming, romantic and modern restaurant.
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My hubby decided to throw a baby shower for me in this restaurant... We booked the whole restaurant a month earlier and they called us 2 days before the event that they going to open for dinner anyway. After all the guests arrived we were waiting for a bread at least one hour, and then another hour for the waiter to take the orders, and then another hour for starters to be served... Then we chose to have chocolate cake with raspberries and we got vanilla cake with strawberry jam. Before we left we ask for the left over wine (cause we brought our own 12 bottles of red and 12 bottles of white expensive wine), since only 2 people drink white wine, and some didn't drink at all. And they told us there is nothing left. So... you do the math from 27 drivers 24 bottles of wine...

2  Thank Macuvce

Reviewed 1 September 2010

We had one good experience here with a family dinner for 6 - i think it was a while back on a Sunday. The staff was like a good crew of baseball umpires - in control but mostly out of the way and unnoticeable in a good way. Then we recently returned just the two of us kind of late on a rainy Wednesday - I think we walked in at 8:45 (Did I mention we refuse to make reservations?). Clearly the staff already wrapping it up for the night. There were only two other tables seated and they were already half way through their entrees. The guy rolled his eyes and couldn't hide his exasperation that he would have to work a little OT, even though we skipped the appetizer/salad and were asking for the check maybe 10 minutes after the rest of the place emptied. We felt very rushed and the staff was more than happy to move us along. The food is pretty good, but my spouse views that experience as unforgiveable. There are too many Italian restaurant choices in Ridgewood to be this average. For better starting pitching and quality hitting, consider places near the top of the division such as Radicchio or Pasta e Pollo.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

We booked our reservation for Saturday of the Valentine weekend (which was on Sunday). They crammed tables so tight that I was touching elbows with the guy at the next table. The place was so jammed that waiters were tripping over eachother and over patrons. They never told us at the time of reservation that it was pre-fix menu only. The selection was OK, main courses were averagish, and desert was simply terrible, something you can get at a college cafeteria. Overall, food definitely falls short of any decent place in Manhattan, although prices were comparable. Service was mediocre, we had to remind them to bring bread and butter twice. The only advantage is BYO, so at least you don't get ripped off there. Very disappointing experience, especially for Valentine Day's dinner. Never again I set my foot at this pretentious place!

1  Thank polyflon
Reviewed 28 January 2010

My husband and I decided to go to Marcello's during the 2010 Ridgewood Restaurant Week. The service was very poor and we will never return to this restaurant. We were seated after ~10 minute wait, all the while tables were available. Once seated the waiter brought over the menus. About 5 minutes later, the waiter returned to tell us about the specials, never mentioning the fixed-price restaurant week menu. When he returned, ~5 minutes later, we asked if they were offering the restaurant week menu. The waiter said yes and took his time returning with those menus. When we told him that we decided to order from the restaurant week menu, the already mediocre service turned poor. My husband ordered a coke, which never came. The food was good, but the service was so slow and unresponsive that with all of the great restaurants to enjoy in Bergen County, we would never consider returning to this one.

1  Thank ABCDEFGS
Reviewed 14 November 2009

My wife and I went into Ridgewood on a Friday night without any dinner reservations - which is always a challenge. I had driven by Marcello's countless times but never bothered to try it. Upon entering we were seated right away because the restaruant was half empty...a bad omen. The restaruant was lavishly decorated and seemed cozy and that's the only good comment I can make about this restaruant. We should have left after the appetizers. We waited a very long time for our entrees to the point that I was ready to leave. Instead of apologizing, our waiter informed me that "that's the way it is done at Marcello's". When main course finally arrived, both dishes were somewhat tasteless and were covered in a gloppy sause that was more suited for wall papering that eating.
Adding insult to injury, my wifes seafood pasta dish was $33! Don't bother to wrap my uneaten meal, just let me run away. Marchello's was one of the worst dining experiences I can remember.

1  Thank roboglenn