“Never fails to impress! ”
Review of Latour

Latour
Reserve with OpenTable
Latour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 138 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for years and absolutely love the food that chef Michael makes. I had the lump crab meat strudel to start and the beef Wellington entree this time. The strudel was flakey and melts in your mouth. The steak was cooked to perfection topped with an exquisite veal sauce.

For dessert we ordered creme brûlée and chocolate profiteroles both of which were excellent.

Chef Michael gave us a complimentary veggie soup appetizer as well which was surprisingly very flavorful and and delicious.

Everything we ordered was excellent and we can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank Daa2138

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I went to Latour for the second time and it was as outstanding as the first dinner I had there back in Feburary. There are no words to describe how magnificent the food and overall atmosphere is. I've had the joy of experiencing French cuisine in France and I can say to anyone who wants to experience a true taste of France, this is the place to be.

I went there last week for my best friend's birthday. The hostess was very friendly when she greeted us. Our server was really sweet and very patient as the two of us took forever to decide what to eat. I decided on the Fallen French Cheese Souffle as my appetizer and the Beef Wellington as my entree. My friend chose the Goat Cheese Ravioli as her app and the Short Ribs. We were both very pleased with our choices. The cheese souffle was a true pleasure for the taste buds! An incredible combination of nutty, sweet and savory cheeses paired perfectly with the berries. I had a taste of my friend's goat cheese ravioli which was also wonderful, the deliciously tart sauce worked so well with the goat cheese.

The entrees truly stole the show. The Beef Wellington was like nothing I ever had before! The filet was cooked to perfection and the pate and mushroom duxelles were savory and flavorful. Finished off with a rich sauce, its a dish I'm definitely coming back for. My friend really enjoyed her Short ribs. For dessert, I had the Profiteroles and my friend had the Grand Marnier cheesecake, which were the perfect endings to our incredible meals. Our kind server surprised my friend with a birthday candle and sang 'Happy Birthday' which made her so happy. Afterwards, Chef Latour came out to greet us while we were having dessert. He was a very sweet and down-to-earth man, it was a real delight to meet him!

Along with the food, the atmosphere is lovely. It has a classic, old world appeal. The customers around us were enjoying themselves as we were. The service was outstanding and the staff were attentive and very friendly.

Overall, it was a wonderful evening and I will definitely be coming back. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a truly delicious experience.

1  Thank shar929
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We brought a bottle of Margaux which we had been saving. The waiter immediately recognized it as a fine wine and switched out the wine glasses for larger ones. Nice touch!
I started with a quenelle with lobster and ramps special in a well prepared sauce natua. Very nice. The duck breast with red cabbage and spaetzle was well prepared and cooked as ordered. Our other entree, the beef napoleon was somewhat ill conceived. Dessert, an apple strudel was very good. Noise level was acceptable and service was on point. Also, the chef/owner stopped by a few times for a chat. Would have rated this a four and a half if permitted.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The chef might have had an off day; had the recommended Beef Wellington and it was terrible, glad to know they try different things, but this recipe was supposed to be a regular Wellington. The appetizers were good, but all at our table were disappointed with their meals.

The owner/chef spent too much time talking to people at tables, a nice "hello" and how is everything is a good idea, but we wanted him to leave after 5 minutes.

2  Thank mandegruber
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I would highly recommend Latour.

Always great food and service.

You will be very happy if you choose to go.