“I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Mediterraneo

Mediterraneo
Ranked #3 of 135 Restaurants in Ridgewood
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo was created out of a desire to explore and share the unique, seasonal, healthy opportunities of the Mediterranean Cuisine, from the shores of Southern Europe to the coast of North Africa. At Mediterraneo, we carefully and without compromise choose each ingredient for its authenticity, quality, and freshness. We invite you to join us and discover for yourself why in 201 Magazine, Best of Bergen, Mediterraneo has been voted the "Best Mediterranean Restaurant in Bergen County" several years in a row. Whether it's a business lunch, a friends get together, a romantic dinner for two, or a private party, we will make sure to offer you a wonderful dining experience. We recommend the delicious, authentic Spanish tapas, the tender Moroccan lamb tagine with dried fruits and our fresh fish, daily imported from the Mediterranean area.
Reviewed 23 April 2017

This is my go to place when I am in the area, and it just gets better and better after each visit.
I like their eclectic, Mediterranean-inspired menu, delicious food, with well sized portions and great flavors. The servers here are friendly and attentive.
This week, when I went again, I had a nice surprise, they renovated the place, and changed the décor and colors. With the new blue and white hues, the restaurant looks modern, trendy and classy, but still warm and inviting.
My friend and I shared a delicious vegetarian appetizer made of smoky eggplant and peppers with warm goat cheese, the octopus, which is the best I have ever had (so tender, with a smoky flavor that made it so good) and the shrimp with garlic, in olive oil.
For entree, we had the lamb tagine, very tender and interesting, with dried fruits and exotic spices and the orata fish, Tuscany style (simple, delicate and flavorful combination). We finished our meal with a wonderful, light, melts in your mouth chocolate and hazelnut cake.
Another great experience, can’t wait to come back !

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The staff was excellent as was the food. The Chef came to our table to explain the Swordfish special. The sword fish was cooked perfectly and the flavors were fantastic. I will be returning to this restaurant soon and plan on bringing friends.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I was in Ridgewood visiting family and decided to go out to dinner with my wife. She was in the mood for mediterranean and she had gotten the recommendation from her friends in the area to try out Mediterraneo. I ordered the branzino, my wife had the paella and we both were pleasantly surprised by how incredible the food was. The interior was beautiful and looked newly renovated, which set the mood for our date. Our server's name was Johnny, and boy was he a charmer. Really welcomed us to the restaurant and made us feel at home. Highly recommend. Great night.

1  Thank nicowjohnson
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Went to this place few times and every time i go I'm impressed! Ive tried almost everything in their menu and and the food is like having "a circus in your mouth" #delicious #tasty #fresh and besides the great food its also a very nice atmosphere,very cozy and comfortable!!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I am a big fan of Mediterranean cuisine and I always look for this kind of restaurants during my travels. I can declare Mediterraneo restaurant in Ridgewood , NJ , as one of the best...great dishes with the right flavors cooked to perfection. The menu is a reflection of the owners good knowledge of this kind of cuisine...they are true connoisseurs of authentic Mediterranean food. Besides great cooking , this restaurant offers a very pleasant atmosphere ,it's cozy, elegant , beautiful colors and stylish decor. ... I greatly recommend Mediterraneo to all sophisticated tastes and lovers of good food !!!