“Chan's Dragon Inn ”
Review of Chan's Dragon Inn

Chan's Dragon Inn
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Ridgefield
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Going to Chan's Dragon Inn is a step in to the past. It hasn't changed since I went there as a young adult.
I have to say the food is still fantastic. The ribs and pork fried rice are still the best ever.
Their combination platters are reasonably and they give you plenty of food.
Our waiter was right on top of things and was there when ever anything was needed.
A true authentic 1970's Chinese place.
A must go if you are ever in the area!
Price: $$-$$$

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The tacky Polynesian decor has literally not changed since the 70s. The staff was very friendly and the service was very very fast. The main dishes were quite high priced for the food quality. I don't know if I need to visit again.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

From the second we walked through the front door the decor set the mood for a fun night out. Totem poles with glowing eyes stared at us as we waited for a table to be ready. We lucked out and were seated in a booth with a blowfish for a light and a roof you would see on a hut on Gilligan's Island.

The food was excellent and the drinks were strong. The place was packed the night we were there and the Hawaiian shirt wearing wait staff was hopping from table to table as fast as they could. There are multiple dining areas and a full bar.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I went there recently with my brother and sister, it is not so often we go out to dinner together. When we were children there was a Polynesian restaurant our father used to take us that we loved so much but unfortunately closed down so upon finding this we were excited to possible have the same experience and great food. As soon as we came in the server did not want to sit us in a booth because he kept saying "it was tight" implying that we were too big to fit in the booth (which we fit fine). After his snide remarks he kept trying to adjust the table and make us feel worse. Once we were settled in we decided to order some drinks, we all got a drink and for an appetizer we got the pupu platter. Originally the platter is for two but the waiter asked if we wanted bigger size for the three of us so we agreed. We were having a fine time just drinking our drinks and eating the noodles and tea our appetizer came and we were just eating and enjoying our food. The waiter came back and asked if we wanted an entree and honestly at the time between the drinks and the larger appetizer we were offered we were kind of full so we didn't order anything yet. He kept coming back and asking if we wanted entree but we were full. After we didnt order an entree it seems the staff was very mad at us they kept coming to our table taking our utensils while we were trying to drink and enjoy ourselves. He kept snatching our napkins and forks implying we were done and should leave since we didn't order any meal. While we were eating the noodles he literally came and took it from my brothers hand and starting telling him "it wasn't good for us to eat this much noodles and hes trying to give us advice" this really pissed us off and my brother told him he was being rude and he needed to back off and they got into a little fight. The waiter was still actually arguing with my brother and trying to clear the table so we can leave since we didn't order an entree. This was the worst experience I ever had i was never treated so badly in a restaurant. Our tab was still over $60 just for drinks and appetizer, it's not like we came in for tea and left. Such rude and unwelcoming staff. Will never come here again. Such a shame.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Chan's is THE place to go for authentic Chinese food in this area. The staff is friendly, especially Dave who always has a smile, and the the decor eclectic and fun. The drinks are great, the food is fresh and flavorful and I have never had a bad meal. They will accommodate requests and even make something you think of yourself if they can.
You will not be disappointed!