“Real Chinese Food on the Red Bank Middleown border”
Review of House of Chong

House of Chong
Ranked #68 of 155 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed 13 September 2016

If you want real Chinese food with traditional food elements and an atmosphere that simulates being in the country itself, this is the place. It is comfortable, offering excellent service, decent pricing and fully stocked bar for you convenience. Easy access off the Garden State Parkway makes it a enjoyable trip from anywhere. The menu includes Cantonese, mandarine and several more exotic plates from the old world that have come to the USA thanks to a family that started with the parents of the current family. You wouldn't want to miss this one.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

This place has been around for a long time. My mom and I enjoy going here for lunch on the weekends. Their food has not changed in all the years I have been going there. My go to is the chicken and broccoli and my mom loves their sweet and sour chicken. Anything I have ever ordered has always been prepared very well. The service is always very good there. This place is a more upscale Chinese restaurant. Nice place to dine and plenty of seating and a small bar there.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

I used to go here probably 35 years ago with my family when they were in Middletown and always remembered special family dinners. They have since moved but it was just as good. My family and I were craving Chinese and I was sick of the typical take out so I remembered the House of Chong and we drove from Tinton Falls. The atmosphere is really nice and upscale and quiet. Food was really good and not too expensive. I remembered the start you with good Chinese noodles that you dip in homemade duck sauce. Really addicting! Kids loved it. I got the combination platter of general tso's chicken was probably the best I've ever had and their fried rice was really good. My wife got the combination platter of moo goo gai pan and that was as good as I remembered it. She loved it too. The kids wanted egg rolls which we all agreed were not the best egg rolls we ever had. They had a weird floral taste but everything else including the egg drop soup was perfect. I highly recommend. I was so upset that I forgot to take pictures of the food to post. Only got s picture of the outside entrance. Enjoy!

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The service here is very friendly - so I'd like to give it a better review - but the food is just average. They do have a full bar - with tropical drinks - so that's a plus.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

dirty and out dated on the inside, but for Middletown NJ the food is decent. They need to renovate. One plus is that they have a bar!