All reviews front desk warm cinnamon rolls dunkin donuts road noise stayed one night king bed pancake machine first floor new york hard boiled eggs comfortable beds business trip night stay nice room continental breakfast parking lot route
Reviewed 6 November 2012

PC member, request quiet room away from ice machines, elevators. Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, the first night I was given a room next to the ice machine, and the freeway. I had 2 hours sleep, I spoke to Hector and he gave me choices I chose to give up the king bed for quiet- it worked. I had to cut my trip short becuase the storm and the airline advised me to change to an earlier flight. I left my phone in the room- I called 6 times and never received a call back, they were given my alternative numbers, email and never contacted me back. I know they were busy but from 10/28 to 11/5, I found this unprofessional and poor customer service.

Room Tip: This place is on the Interstate stay in a room opposite side of the fwy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
apurva14, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear azinca,

Thank You kindly for sharing the feedback in regards to your recent visit to the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
The issues have been personally addressed and we warmly apologize for any inconvenience to you and your guest experience.
The Holiday Inn Express Team truly values your business and hopefully you'll give us another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed one night here on our way to PA during a holiday weekend. Everyone was incredibly friendly. The hotel is located just off a highway, so it isn't someone you'd stay longterm unless you are on business. Room was nice and clean. Two queen beds, fridge and microwave, and coffee maker. Bathroom had a full bath and was completely spotless. The room was near a stairwell and I was worried that it would be noisy, particularly as the hotel was completely full, but we heard nothing all night - in fact the fridge was the only noise we heard and once you got used to that it was fine. Beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast was standard fare at this kind of complimentary buffets -- cereal and eggs, good, easy and very clean area.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This was our first night of this years trip to the US and having just arrived in Newark from London we had planned to stay here. How pleased we were to be be greeted with such a friendly reception staff, they were really helpful and could not do enough to make our stay a pleasant one.
The hotel was pretty standard Holiday Inn Express, our room was clean and very comfortable, convenient places nearby to eat after a long day. All in all this was a hotel we would use again quite happily.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel. I really can't find any faults whatsoever. Our personal thanks to Robert at the lobby reception, for his friendliness and obliging manner. If we were in the area and needed accommodation, I would return without any doubt.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was a great stay. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The place was clean..the breakfast had lots of choices. I found nothing to complain about. As we checked out the manager even offered us a cookie! Would always stay here if our trip takes us near Ramsey.

Dear travelsue40,

Thank you! Thank you! Our ultimate goal is keep ours guests satisfied. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay completely.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.