All reviewsthe concierge loungewooded areaspa servicesconference centerindoor poolfull serviceoff routestayed one nightrooms are cleanvery nice hotelfront desk staffbusiness meetingplenty of parkingcommon areascomfortable staynew jerseylarry
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We spent four nights with our travel baseball team while in town for a tournament. I can not say enough how wonderful all of the staff were. From the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant to the groundskeeper. Every employee went out of their way to welcome us and help us in any way. Our room was comfortable and well kept. The food was delicious and the grounds were immaculate. My husband and I enjoyed some nice time on the patio and the spa is a huge bonus. Thank you for a wonderful stay.... and at a very reasonable price!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Christine C, Executive Administrative Assistant at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Suzanne H,

Thank you for staying at The Princeton Marriott during your recent baseball tournament. We really appreciate the comments about our staff. They will be happy to know they helped make your stay wonderful! We look forward to having you return in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This is certainly not your typical Marriott. I have stayed at Marriott hotels for 50 years and this is the only one that I can remember not being a high rise. This hotel is only two floors spread out on a nice wooded piece of property.
Our room was upgraded to a mini suite. It was a very large comfortable room.
We were offered use of the M lounge (with is a new upgraded concierge lounge). WE went there in the evening for some snacks and a glass of wine. The one short fall is that this lounge does not have an attendant in the evening. Cheese and other snacks are laid out, however wine is dispensed from a machine. You use your room key to dispense the wine. There were only 4 bottles offered. Two of the bottles were very expensive, I think one 6oz glass for one of the bottles was $14. My wife choose the Chardonnay($8) and I choose the Merlot ($9). Unfortunately my Merlot bottle was virtually empty and only dispensed a mouthful. I asked in the bar for another bottle, however it never came. I asked the front desk to remove that charge and they did.
Breakfast in the M lounge was great and there was an attendant available.
Larry the bell man was great. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Executive Administrative Assistant at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear SCRedOne,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for noting the uniqueness of our property we love it as well as it fits perfectly in the Princeton area. The wooded property sets the mood for a very relaxing stay. I am glad you enjoyed the new M Club lounge. I am sorry the wine machine gave you a hard time. Please know you can always get a drink from the bar and bring it into the Club. When the attendant is available, they are always more than willing to get you something and bring it in for you. Larry will be happy to know that he was instrumental in making your memories of our property enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We just arrived and already I need to give this immaculate hotel five stars. We purchased a night here in a school auction and, not only did the hotel let us extend the certificate expiration date, but Christine also left cookies, milk, and other treats as a surprise for our little one whose fifth birthday we’re here to celebrate. He’s SO excited. Thank you, Christine!!! Off to the pool we go.... :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Christine C, Executive Administrative Assistant at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Somanystars,

You are very welcome! I am so happy you chose to enjoy Ryan's birthday celebration with us! We all hope you continued to have an awesome time at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Standard Marriott located 10 minutes outside Princeton in a secluded wooded area, peaceful and quiet.

Congenial reception; plenty of seating in common area.

Room was spacious, large desk and functional chair, comfortable bed and pillows. Bathrobe provided – but just one for two people, nice towels and amenities were okay, excellent shower.

Wifi was sporadic, had to keep signing in again and had trouble getting connected – actually had to talk on phone with technical support off-site.

Nice view of trees from room, but windows were dirty.

Fridge and coffee set-up in room was nice.

Room Tip: Windows far from elevator can be very far indeed.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Travel_LadyNYC, it was such a pleasure to have you as our guest, and so happy you left satisfied with your experience. Our secluded area offers peaceful tranquility, surrounded by some pretty amazing views of nature. Then step inside for luxury and comfort, and you have a great overall stay. We do however, apologize for the spotty WiFi service, and we have our IT department taking a closer look to make sure all is working as it should. We are so sorry for any inconveniences this caused you. Thank you again for staying with us, and we would love to welcome you back again soon. Travel well.

Christine Ciccone
Executive Administrative Assistant

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Hotel was very nice, clean, and in a great location. Was there for a work trip. We ate dinner in the Iron & Ivy restaurant. Food was good. We had the calamari, white pizza, and sausage pizza (added veggies) it was very good. Not too far from the university.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear cbp6,

Thank you for a taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to eat in our restaurant Iron & Ivy and enjoy our new menu. The pizza has been an exciting addition to the menu and I am happy to know you enjoyed it! We are only about 10 minutes from Princeton University and downtown which makes us an ideal location when visiting Princeton. We hope to see you again soon!