“great for coffee and conversation”
Review of Cafe Vienna

Cafe Vienna
Ranked #8 of 12 Dessert in Princeton
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: Austrian
Description: Café Vienna is delighted to bring the flavors and aromas of Vienna to Princeton! The modern, yet intimate café offers customers a warm, charming ambiance, a variety of delicious freshly ground gourmet coffee and carefully selected premium teas. We are passionate about our traditional Viennese cakes and "Torten." Our cakes, which are made fresh locally, are based on old-family recipes and contain no preservatives. Our mission is to give our guests a true sense of being in Europe! The owner was educated in Austria and successfully completed her apprenticeship at Kurhotels Warmbaderhof in Warmbad-Villach, a renowned 5-Star Luxury Resort.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Love this unique, non chain spot for a pleasant spot to have a meeting and eat delicious eggs an have good coffee. Took the cheesecake to go and wasn't for me....to sweet with more whip cream in the middle than cheese flavor.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We go to Cafe Vienna about once a month for lunch; the food is good but the service is uneven depending on which server is working your table. I like their Tuscan chicken panini but without
the cheese; yesterday was one of the day's the kitchen decided to serve it with the cheese (though the server acknowledged I wanted the cheese left off). Also, Cafe Vienna needs to sharpen their knives; we tried cutting our respective sandwiches but gave up after being frustrated by dull knives. There's a good chance our monthly visits will soon be even less frequent.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We recently had breakfast outside on an unusual warm day in November. They had about ten tables outside and similar number inside. Ground coffee was delicious and we all had omelettes. My wife and I had a Greek ommellette and our daughter had turkey, bacon, and cheese. Ours had goat cheese. They all came with a side of greens which was a healthy alternative to potatoes. Very good. Only negative was one waiter for all tables outside so we had to wait for cream and sugar and a few other things. The nice day made the wait tolerable.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Omelets were fluffy and the food is healthy. Not filling, though. Nice service, but too crowded and noisy. Might return at a less busy time.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Sometimes it's really hard to pinpoint what you do or don't like about a place, and then put it into words. Such is my experience with Cafe Vienna on Nassau Street.

I was there for lunch with a friend earlier in the week. The food was okay; our server was nice; the place was clean - but somehow it didn't all come together into an experience that would make me want to go back.

I guess the best way to describe it was a problem with the "ambience".
After lots of thought, these are the factors which I think made it less than a positive experience for me:
-The food we had was tasty but somewhat overpriced.
-The waiter was friendly but the service was extremely slow, especially for simple food when the place was nearly empty.
-There were several (too many) members of staff but most of them seemed to be standing around doing nothing. Both my friend and I felt like we were being "watched" the whole time we were there and decided to go elsewhere for coffee and dessert. (Actually my friend felt like they wanted us out, to close up shop early - it was 2 pm.)
-Inside seating is VERY cramped. There are too many small tables for two (mostly bar height). Had anyone been seated next to us it would have felt invasive.
-My expectations for an authentic "Viennese cafe" experience weren't met. I've been to Vienna several times. This place looks and feels nothing like it. The style and atmosphere were not what I expected.

My suggestion would be that if you want to try this place, go when the weather is good and you can sit outside and keep your order to a coffee and pastry rather than a meal.