“The Best”
Review of The Bent Spoon

The Bent Spoon
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Princeton
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Small Batch, Crafted Ice Cream & Sorbet From Scratch Using Seasonal, Local & Organic Ingredients.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to the Bent Spoon a few times over the years, most recently this afternoon. Let me put it plainly: It is not only the best ice cream place in New Jersey, it is the best ice cream place I have ever been to. Hands down. It is a Princeton treasure and not to be missed.

It is a tiny space on Palmer Square with little seating. No matter. I recommend finding a bench across the street. You will not be disappointed. They have a wide variety of unique and creative flavors you don’t find everywhere. They also let you get scoops of different flavors so you can try a few at once. It makes deciding easier. Today I had a scoop of the basil (trust me, it is amazing) and a scoop of lavender mascarpone (what else do I have to say?), a favorite of mine. I’ve also enjoyed the chocolate habanero.

Don’t skip the Bent Spoon. Forgo dessert elsewhere.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This place never disappoints. Great seasonal choice of icecream and sorbet. Always patient while you try flavours. Generous serves . My only complaint this visit was that I felt the icecream was quite soft and as it was super hot that meant lots of melting everywhere. Simple solution was to gobble up quickly

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Best ice cream in original, creative flavors. We all love the place - their delicious ice cream and cupcakes. Worth a detour!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This place is famous with the locals. If you want premium ice cream or sorbet at a premium price, you go to Bent Spoon. They have all kinds of exotic flavors. Chocolate habanero, pistachio chocolate chip, sweet corn, sweet basil, and all are great. You can sample them, if you want to. Extremely smooth, gelato-like, ice cream, and not too sweet sorbet. Sometimes there is a line, especially on weekends at night, but I usually can walk right in and right out. I think a size small is like $4, and you can choose 2 flavors with that. If you have a lot of kids, bring a lot of $$...ha.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

local ice cream shop that sources their ingredients from nearby farms and vendors. my favorite is basil lemon ice cream, but there are many flavors that change daily that are all good: blood orange, lavender, lemon ricotta, also lots of sorbets.