All reviews omelet station new hope lambertville area the salt water pool door leading rural location beautiful stone made to order omelets first floor nice gym breakfast buffet booked rooms princeton university housekeeping staff free weights fitness room the entire staff free shuttle
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Room and bed very comfortable and of good size. Good toiletries given. They do not have a fridge in the room, and I was given the impression it's because of environmental issues. Staff are responsive to problems and issues. Buffet breakfast is very good - for American standards. A good hotel in a quiet secluded environment if you are having a conference or have your own transport. There was even a full-grown deer seen in the compound at night.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We reserved for two nights two rooms, one in the Main Building and one in the Laurie House. The pool was the only thing that would deserve a 4.0 rating. Problems included: 1. Inability to check in with kids at the guaranteed time of 4pm. We arrived at 3 and were not allowed into the room until 4:45; we asked if there were alternative rooms available and were told "no"; 2. Service at the included Breakfast Buffet on both mornings was poor: omelet line took 30 minutes and getting coffee refills took almost as long; 3. Laurie House has no apparent security; back door was open and unlocked after 10pm and there was no staff on premises; 4. Housekeeping service in Laurie House left a pile of used towels outside our room door for nearly 24 hours (see attached photo).

Avoid this place until management starts managing.

Room Tip: Stay out of Laurie House until they make security and housekeeping improvements
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I recently spent three nights at Chauncey and while I was kept busy in meetings all day long, being able to sleep back to my very quiet and comfortable room was a big plus. The bed was king size and amazingly comfortable for a Murphy Bed. There was a balcony but no real view from my room and it was rainy anyway. The included meals as part of the conference were darn good and there was more choices and food than one should really eat. Breakfast had made to order omelets and waffles, as well as a steam table with more choices. If you wanted fruit and yogurt that was available as were muffins and even cereal. For lunch, after the first day, I went to simply salad because there were snacks galore during breaks throughout the day. Dinner, while buffet style, provided a very nice salad bar, vegetarian choices as well as meat, fish, potatoes, and other veggies. Did I mention the dessert choices...I will need to go on a diet now for sure. If you are interested in participating in their "Going Green Program" you will also get a $5 credit for use in the hotel...except "adult beverages". A very nice stay and location for a meeting.

Room Tip: First floor facing the lake would be nice.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

The Chauncey Center is in superb setting that is fit for a King, but the hotel itself is merely OK. It looks like it was built on a budget after someone had paid an enormous amount for the land.

There is no separate listing for the restaurant there, so to mention the food:

Dinner was a simple sandwich, chip and cheesecake. The staff was friendly and the food was good.

For the breakfast buffet (which is included in your room rate - added benefit), was a good buffet with plenty of selection, but not outstanding.

Both meals would get a 3+ or a 4-.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 15 July 2018

I don't agree with the reviewers who say this is a 2-star hotel. The outstanding breakfast alone takes it out of that category. It's ultra modern in some ways, which may be part of the problem. The TV would not works at first (it was not plugged in), but then it would not turn off (hence, we had to unplug it). The wifi, cable, phones--everything in the hotel seemingly--is wired into a single network. This means (I learned from the maintenance guy) that the air conditioning in the room does not turn on until you have checked in. Not so great for a hot day. A lot of reviewers mentioned the noise level which we did not experience per se (we were on the second floor), but, when the fan on the AC was not running, there was an almost-too-quiet feeling to the room. The walls are thing, so the quiet does not feel cozy. I longed for a white-noise machine or even just a fan that we could leave running (AC controls only allowed for adjusting the temperature which determined whether the AC went on). I was there for a catered event, and the food was excellent, the facility quite nice. I am not sure that I would choose this place on its own without an event though. Still, the rates are not bad, and, as I said, it's probably the best included breakfast that I have had at any hotel.

Stayed: July 2018