All reviews bagels continental breakfast heated pool rooms are clean jersey shore great pool can't wait to come back patio area family vacation wi fi a great place to stay the past years point pleasant every summer walking distance to the boardwalk last minute new jersey
Reviewed 15 December 2006

Stayed at Amethyst for the Holiday Extravaganza at Jenkinsons. Convenient location to Jenkinsons. Seems like a nice place. Quiet this time of year which we liked. Will try again this coming June for a short vacation at Amethyst.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2006

This is my 2nd attempt at a review I hope it gets posted. Amethyst was great, the price was right the location was close to the boardwalk and walking distance from town. After being disappointed at our original choice of a motel in Point, we were very pleased with the room and the service.
coffee and bagels in the morning kept me happy but my boyfriend was all to happy having found that they had recently placed a high definition flat screen with unlimited channels in our room. It was all I could do to pry him away for a walk on the board walk. Thanks we will return and recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed 18 September 2006

My friends and I stayed at the Amethyst for a Mom's weekend away! We were disappointed with the weather, but Theresa, the owner, went out of her way to help make our stay more enjoyable! She was friendly, courteous, and very helpful to us. She made helpful suggestions to us on how to spend our rainy day! despite the weather, we enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are in the process of being updated in the off season, honestly they need it, but the Motel is aware of this and is working towards improvements in the Decor and amenities! The location is great and the clientele is very family oriented, not a bit of trouble with loud or unruly guests! would definitely go back!
FlipFlopgirls~CT

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2006

Me and my fiance stayed at the Amethyst beach motel from 6/7/06-6/9/06 and all i can really say is that this place is horrible. First off when booking this motel please do not go by the motels website, on the website they state that the hotel is close to the beach which it is deff not at all, second they call the place a resort the amethyst motel is probably the furthest thing from a resort the website also shows you a rooom with a nice bathroom this i deff did not have the caulking in my bathroom was very dirty showering with sandals on was a Must , not much can be said for the rest of the room it was damp ,it smelled damp and musty and the linens on the bed were old. I read alot of reviews on here and it seems like ownership and management come on here and rip anyone who says something bad about the place and makes it like the bad reviews arent true which they are, my advice to ownership you guys are making a ton of money off this place the room rates are very high stop making profits off the old smelly outdated rooms and update your place instead of comming on tripadvisor and making it like people who give your motel a bad review are lying or out to get you ,from dirty bathrooms to broken elctrical outlets to old bed linens damp and dirty rooms your place is in need of a renovation start addressing these issues instead of blaming people who pay 250 nite for an old dirty motel room .

• Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank klp107
sandtraveller, Senior Managment at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2006

Horrible Misrepresentations, false statements. It is unfortunate that we find ourselves responding to the same individual who posted an earlier baseless complaint. That is not to say that we do not make mistakes and problems do arise however we address each and every one of them as quickly as we are made aware.
We have contacted this guest and are attempting to understand his issues and motivation regarding these baseless postings; however we as always are focused on our regular guests who enjoy our efforts to provide a good experience while visiting Point Pleasant Beach
As our primary season has come to an end we are focusing on upgrading and making improvements. We have begun remodeling rooms and adding flat screen high definition TV’s with Digital Video Recorders and Picture in Picture in addition to our wireless internet service. Additionally we are adding new ceiling fans and lighting in the bed rooms along with drapes and bedspreads. Other amenities are being added in the bath rooms and as always we will continue to improve on our continental breakfast served each morning.

As always we invite each and every one considering giving us the opportunity to accommodate them to come and visit us and see for yourself

Reviewed 20 August 2006

We just returned from a two night stay. Overall, this was not a bad place. Our room was clean and the staff was friendly. We had a view of the boardwalk from our room. The heated pool was good for a swim after the beach. There were plenty of chairs around the pool. The location was very convenient. It was about a 1.5-2 block walk to the beach/boardwalk. They did charge us $10 per day to park but if you stay somewhere that you have to drive to the beach, you will end up paying more. The continental breakfast in the morning was very nice to have. There were plenty of bagels, donuts, muffins, coffee/tea and juice. This made it easy since we didn't have to go out looking for a place to eat in the morning. There was some confusion before I left regarding our stay, number of days and arrival but they went out of their way to make it right. Unfortunately, my son got an ear infection during our stay and we ended up cutting it short by one day and they were very understanding. Next time I would just confirm my reservation a few days before I leave. When we pulled up to the motel (and it is a motel, not hotel), I saw two women leaving and I asked them how it was and they said they have been going there for 18 years. I think that says alot about a place. We will definitely visit Point Pleasant again and we will stay at the Amethyst.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family