All reviews continental breakfast bagels local bakery the jersey shore i highly recommend this hotel point pleasant good size pool area nice family next month last minute regular room off season air conditioner short stay beautiful pool pleasant area
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I read a number of reviews both negative and positive about Point Pleasant Manor. My husband and I needed a few days at the beach to decompress from life. Point Pleasant Manor was the only location available with such little notice. I booked a two night stay hoping for the best. We always stay in hotels with 3+ stars and knew that we were taking a risk. We weren't surprised upon our arrival. It looked like your typical motor lodge. The lobby was clean and bright. When we entered our room (#6), we immediately smelled a musty odor. The room was old but clean. Both my husband and I decided that all would be well as we were going to spend the majority of our time out of the room. While in bed, that first night, we noticed that the ceiling had been patched at least 3 times. My husband who is an insurance claims manager immediately informed me that there had been leaks in the ceiling and the odor was from mold and mildew. I have a mold allergy. I was wheezing and spent the entire night coughing. I woke up to the sound of dripping water on to the rug. We were done and decided to leave. While I was in the bathroom and drying my hair, I felt water dripping on my arm. I looked up and the the bathroom ceiling was also leaking. We went to the lobby and told the management that we were checking out and informed them of the reason why. There was no surprise on their part which leads me to believe that the complaint regarding the odor/ceiling was not a new one. We were refunded one night's stay and left. Thankfully, I never travel without medication and while driving to Atlantic City trying to salvage what was left of the weekend, my condition improved. My suggestion to anyone who stays at Point Pleasant Manor is to look at the ceiling when your walk into your room. If the ceiling has been patched go elsewhere.

Room tip: Stay out of room # 6
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank J-Traveler9117
Anthony G, General Manager at Point Pleasant Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

We are very sorry for you negative experience. We did have a leak issue during very heavy rain, caused by improperly installed solar panels. However we are currently working to fix this, and are just about done with the needed repairs.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Nice hotel at the Jersey Shore. Beautiful pool, clean and pleasant atmosphere and modestly priced. Continental breakfast included. The lady serving breakfast was a doll and Todd is extremely helpful any special requests.

Lisa Ponzi

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lj9lj_123
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My daughters and I and my three grandchildren decided to take a spur of the moment vacation we called the night before we wanted to come and a wonderful man named Chris, dealt with three phone calls from me..lol he handled them courteously and just as kindly as you can get, my daughter is a military veteran,they gave us a Military discount. The hotel was absolutely beautiful,clean inside, the pool was immaculate as were the grounds. Inside, speaking to the hotel clerk,I do not know her name, was as sweet as can be. I have never experienced such wonderful hospitality and courteousness from anyone in the hotel industry. Would DEFINATELY go back again and again.

Room tip: Couldn’t beat the mini suite. Cleanliness was excellent and location to the Beach was a block away. Excellent.
Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank goingstrong37
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff were friendly and the premises was very clean. My wife and I got married the night before our stay and when we told the manager we were upgraded to the apartment. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the point pleasant area.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I have provided feedback on my experience with this motel multiple times, and every time they take it down. The manager here is incompetent and provides awful customer service. The cancellation policy here is absurd. I highly recommend looking into more reputable hotels in the area.

Date of stay: November 2017