“It's OK”

Price range: USD 20 - USD 100
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Tiff's Burger & Beer Garden in Pequannock, NJ, is the premiere sports bar in the area. Boasting award winning food and a heated beer garden, Tiff's is the perfect place to dine all year long.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I always try a place twice if I'm not happy with it. The first time could have been an off day, but I was disappointed on both my visits. Food was good, but the service was lousy. It took 20 minutes to get a beer from the bar. It was not poured, it was in the bottle. The mixed drinks were lousy. Our waiter would walk by us endlessly without checking on us. I felt I had to practically shout at him to get his attention and it was not a busy night. Lots of empty tables. Despite having different staff take care of us each time, both visits were similar. I won't go back.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

My friends and I have been at Tiff's a few times and it was usually a pleasant experience,but our recent experience was far from pleasant. 8 of us sat in their glass enclosed/outside area. We ordered appetizers, which were great. I ordered a Blue Moon beer, which tasted stale and watered down. I returned it and ordered something else.We ordered our entrees, many of which were cold and had to be returned. We sensed an attitude from the waitress. After that we ordered coffee and they weren't hot. We explained it to the waitress who kept saying that she made a fresh pot. She spilled a tray of milk on the floor and never came back to clean it. When we received the bill the tip was already included, but the amount was over 25%, which was outright theft. I guess that many customers just pay the bill without checking it. At that point we called the manager to rectify the situation. She adjusted the bill and the waitress put it on the table and walked away. By the way, no one ever came back to clean the spilled milk. Tiff's is now off our Friday night list. We usually spend about $300, which will be spent elsewhere.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The only food worth it here are the ribs, and only on Wednesday, when they're BOGO.

Got a Groupon to try something other than the 2 for 1 ribs for a change. Totally not worth it. The burger I ordered was WAY overpriced and undersized for what it turned out to be, and WELL done instead of the medium I asked for. The other entrees ordered were likewise overpriced and undersized. We realized halfway through the meal that my son wasn't eating his hamburger. We realized it was because his hamburger had been cooked into oblivion, dry and tasteless. We didn't ask for it well done. Was met with a shrug by the waitress when we told her. Service in whole was very slow, and only so-so. It wasn't crowded at all when we went, either.

Lesson learned. Skip the Groupon and the rest of the menu, and stick to the 2 for 1 ribs on Wednesday. Good ribs at a decent price when they're half off. Anything else on the menu just isn't worth it. Food is WAY overpriced and just mediocre at best for what you get.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We had a nice lunch at Tiff’s while watching some football. My girlfriend is a very big Giants fan and wanted to see them play. It was great because being a Rams fan, they had that game on too, so we got to enjoy both games.

We are not beer drinkers (I know Tiff’s is known for their beer garden) but we went with white wine, which was very good. I had a Chardony and my girlfriend had a Savignon Blanc. We started with wings, you can’t watch football without buffalo wings, right? They were excellent, not too spicy, just very tasty.

For lunch, I enjoyed a Caesar wrap while my girlfriend got a salad. Both were very good, and with the wine, really made watching football enjoyable. If only my Rams won, but it was just not to be. My girlfriend was happy with the Giants results. We will definitely be back, really a place geared towards a sports game being on.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Over the years, we have eaten here a variety of times. It has gone from good to ok to meh, to better, back to meh. The menu has changed so much over the years and has gone downhill each time. The beer menu is good and the onion rings still rock. The service is meh, whether quiet or full house. Groupons and local coupons brought us back, but still just over this place. The burgers are nothing special, the sweet teriyaki wings were so so. Husband liked his chicken burrito wrap and sister liked her Veggie black bean burger (had a bite-it was good!). I do believe I had regular wings last time here & they were very good. For the $, the menu selection, and the service it is nothing special and there are too many better local spots. Sooner go to Mother's Ale House, Chili's or a local diner for better food.