“Late Mother's Day celebration”

DiPaolo's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Penns Grove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: It has been in business for quite a long time. I'm surpised it is not listed on your site.
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I received a gift card from my out of state children. My husband and I dined on a Friday night to concelebrate a personal triumph! I had the surf and turf special and My husband had the veal parm! Needless to say that gift gave us almost three meals. The wait staff was attentive and engaged. The antipasto was fabulous! The salad was fresh and full of flavor. At the waitress' recommendation I had the crab cakes (or lobster tail). Spot on with that suggestion. It even held up to reheating for the next dinner. Look forward to our next trip back! Perhaps I'll suggest this as a traditional Mother's Day gift!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Had lunch here recently. As a crabmeat fan, I wanted a crabcake as part of my meal. It was the best crabcake I've ever had. Really, no fillers, good flavor and big. When I return, that will be on my plate again! And the rest of the meal and adult beverages were delicious. Wish we didn't live so far away....

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I have traveled and eaten all over the world in my business (incl. Italy) and, whenever available, have ALWAYS had lobster bisque soup. Upon seeing this on their menu I immediately ordered it and when it came the presentation was outstanding as it came in a round bread bowl. I could not wait to taste it (although it was a bit on the red side.)
Upon my first sip I could not believe the taste. It was OVERPOWERING with an acidic tomato taste and when I found the Lobster all I could detect was tomato,tomato, and more tomato. Even in Italy they frown on this. Rest of the meal was outstanding. When I go to a Restaurant where the menu prices are $$$$$ I would think that something as simple as [soup] should ruin their reputation.

1  Thank CharlieSwedesboro
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Was really surprised at the quality of this reatraunt located in a town that has seen better times. The appetizers were plentiful, the entrees were delicious and huge. definitely took home enough for supper the next night. Most impressive was the excellent service and the inexpensive price for the quality of food served.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This is a very nice restaurant with an extensive menu and helpful, attentive staff. We have dined here a couple of times since moving to the area and have been impressed by every dish we've had. Don't skip the coffee at the end of the meal.