“Great mexican food!”

Add it.
Las Leyends de Mexico Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I dont know how many times we have been in Las Leyendas, I am sure they already know us since we go there every other weekend. I believe I have tried almost everything in the menu. From the cemitas to the pozole soup, you cant go wrong with any of those! Several years ago I visited Mexico and had chilaquiles verdes. Never again I could find that plate any where else. I was so glad when I saw that in the menu! I had that twice already and just loved it! Last Sunday we were there again and I ordered the pozole soup (with tostadas - you get two tostadas for $2 each, which is reasonable) for myself and the parrilada for my kids. My husband had the pancita soup (what I completely dislike, not because of the restaurant, but because I never liked pancita). Anyway, everybody was really happy with their meal and we will definitely go back again. Just be aware that the guacamole is really small for the price they charge ($10), so I avoid ordering it.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We tried out this restaurant at the suggestion of Groupon, and we were NOT disappointed. they had fresh and zesty salsa and home made chips fresh out of the fryer for us when we walked in. It is BYOB which is wonderful. So was the app- Chorizo Con Queso (Spicy Mexican Chorizo mixed with diced tomatoes and diced red onions topped with melted queso Oaxaca served with side of corn tortillas or flour tortillas). We also got the Grande Burrito (the name does not disappoint) with spicy chicken, and the shrimp tacos. We were stuffed and more than happy with our meals!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I had a Groupon and we wanted to try it. Boy! we weren't disappointed. Everything we tried was excellent. we will definitely be going back often.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

There are not very many Mexican restaurants in NJ so I was happy to see that this had opened and eager to try it. It isn't fancy. Tables are covered with colorful blankets and then clear plastic tablecloths and there are two large televisions that were both turned to reruns of the Brady Bunch but the food was good. I had the enchiladas suizas which were filled with shrimp and grilled vegetables and served with sides of rice and retried beans. My son and husband both had a burrito grande which was huge and served with a side of guacamole and garnished with fresh cilantro and avocado. They like the carnita burrito more than the chorizo but both were good. Service was good as well. Only negative was the music that sounded like a Spanish polka which was much too loud and could be turned down a bit. I would return.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We went there on a Friday evening with another couple. While it is a small, family type place, we were able to be seated immediately. We found the food to be very authentic and flavorful. Each person at our table ordered a different dish and we all were satisfied with our meal. We will definitely return.