“Breakfast for 29”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A world of food awaits at Grand Lux Cafe featuring internationally inspired cuisine.Located on the south east side of Garden State Plaza near the freestanding Best Buy and AMC Theatres.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

On Sunday morning my wife and I hosted a brunch party for 29 friends and relatives at Grand Lux Cafe. We had eaten dinner and lunch here several times in the past, but never before breakfast or brunch. They had some very nice and even unusual choices on the menu, especially, it seemed to me, some Mexican items. I just had regular old buttermilk pancakes which were light, fluffy and delicious. We made the arrangements with the restaurant in advance and were seated, as requested, at 2 long tables, which turned out to be a good idea. The service was surprisingly good and accurate by the young servers, especially considering how hectic and noisy we all were. We were served timely and everyone received what they ordered. We were very pleased with the entire dining experience and will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

At first glance this restaurant appears to be a more upscale Cheesecake Factory, but you are much much better off there instead of here! The last 2 times I have visited this location the service has been very slow and the staff seems like they could care less. However, the food has always been somewhat decent up until my most recent visit. I gave it another try today hoping for a better experience but it was the worst one yet! Our waiter had no knowledge of the menu and was confused when we told him what he wanted, he acted like we ordered things that were not even on the menu. I ordered a salad to start, and a filet mignon as my entree. After about a 40 minute wait my filet mignon came out. The appetizer salad never came, at this point I did not even want it anymore so I didn't say anything. The filet mignon was cooked well done, even though I asked for medium. It was also very fatty and very greasy. Filet mignon should never been either of these. The dish came served with some fried onion rings on top, which was not in the description. They were very soggy as they were drenched in the grease and oil from the steak. It was also served with broccoli that was drenched in grease as well. The waiter did not even come over to ask how we were. I have given it 3 chances and will most definitely not be returning.

2  Thank Dylan G
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent sevice for brunch. Menu selections were limited for my taste. I would go back for dinner and give them another shot.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

They have a very diverse menu. I have not had a bad experience here. Service is always friendly. And the food meets all tastes.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I like the food every time I visit . The food selection is vast and the customer service is excellent. The next time I visit I will order a brunch item. The portions is huge and desserts are always fantastic.