“a keeper”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wisconsin
“a keeper”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed one night at this location on a road trip in August. It's on a busy street, but we did not find the traffic to be a problem. We had trouble getting our reservation confirmed since we wanted to pay a small amount in cash and redeem rewards point for the balance. While my hubby was trying to get the information straight on the phone call, I went inside to see if they could assist us. Chris at the front desk was super helpful; he told us to log onto the computer in their lobby and print out the confirmation rather than wait for the phone call to be resolved. He gave us good suggestions for a nearby dinner, and told us how to get to the nearby mall to get other options if we wanted to. Fresh, warm cookies and great wi-fi connection. We would happily stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have stayed in a bazillion hotels in my lifetime since I travel for my job. I rarely write reviews, but I had to on this one.

Pro's:
1. Breakfast was phenominal! They have a pancake machine that you press the button, and majically two fluffy pancakes roll out on to your plate. My 8 year old LOVED it! Nice big flat screen in the lobby area for watching a little TV while you eat, and of course it was free which is always a nice added value when traveling on a budget.
2. I had to call and change my reservation to arrive a day early - They were gracious and flexible. A MUST when travel plans change unexpectedly.
3. Warm chocolate chip cookies upon check in - need I say more?
4. Literally across the street from a mall and an IKEA. Two of my favorite things!
5. Nicely kept property for it's age.

Con's:
1. Older property no bathroom fan - it got REALLY foggy in there.
2. Older property - no elevator. Be sure to get a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: First Floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank muffins_mom_11
Virginia, USA
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Nothing special about this place...right off of route 17...NO ELEVATORS only two levels...very odd they have their fitness room literally in the middle of the lobby/breakfast area...Rooms were very clean, but SMALL...bathroom very clean and decent but small as well. Comfy bed, peaceful and quiet for the most part. Staff seemed okay, nothing to write home about. The hot DELUXE free bfast was sort of weird...all pre-made "military" style eggs/omlets...decent choices for cold foods but if you want a real breakfast just go to the many local diners around the hotel, they have awesome breakfast! WIFI worked well, and it was an overall pleasant stay. I Would stay here again...

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank amira82985
Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I needed a hotel last minute near a jobsite and this was the closest one that came up. The location is right on a very busy main highway and my room was moderately noisy from the traffic. I get used to it, but someone who is sensitive to noise should stay away. The room itself was nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable and having a selection of soft versus firm pillows was also a good touch.

The parking lot was a bit awkward to get in and out of. Since the highway is very busy, it was not easy to pull out into the traffic. There is a gigantic mall across the highway, but was also very hard to get to because of the area roads.

Breakfast was fine. Some hot choices like pre-cooked eggs, sausage and biscuits along with cereals, bagels, bread, etc. The dining area was a bit small with only about 10 tables which got more full than I would like when enjoying a breakfast.

The staff was friendly and helpful for the few questions I had.

Overall, the accommodations were nice and reasonable for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sardonyx47
Granby, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We arrive very late at the hotel, beds were relly comfortable, our daughters love it. The breakfast was big and there was a lot of choice. We surely return one day!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mikeisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
1.3 km away
3.6 km away
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook

Been to Holiday Inn Express Paramus? Share your experiences!